Gelling sacked/suspended

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Gelling sacked/suspended

Post by DaveO »

The rumour seems to have started on Facebook with no foundation as far as I can see.

As to him being dropped for poor play,I expect so. The difference between Gelling and other players who make mistakes is IMO that other players make errors occasionally, sometimes bad ones. Whereas with Gelling he just makes some absolutely shocking decisions that lead to errors. I don't think he knows where his team mates are at times.

If the offloads come off they look spectacular but I am not convinced he knows there is a player to receive the ball whenever he offloads .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He was at the game tonight cheering the boys on :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:The rumour seems to have started on Facebook with no foundation as far as I can see.

As to him being dropped for poor play,I expect so. The difference between Gelling and other players who make mistakes is IMO that other players make errors occasionally, sometimes bad ones. Whereas with Gelling he just makes some absolutely shocking decisions that lead to errors. I don't think he knows where his team mates are at times.

If the offloads come off they look spectacular but I am not convinced he knows there is a player to receive the ball whenever he offloads .
Others have made similar bad mistakes during the course of the season but never took off straight away.

Sorry, but as far as am concern, he was taken off because Wane realised that he should have not played him in the first place as he was clearly not match fit!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

He was on the pitch warming up so he was in the 19
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We all saw him on the pitch warming up, along with Hampshire, so he was in the 19.
In that respect he hasn't been sacked or suspended.
What's gone on I've no idea but if their has been a problem then the most that must have happened is that he's been disciplined (A telling off and a fine?) internally.
markill

Post by markill »

Wane singled him and Josh out after the game too as players who've still been working hard and contributing despite not being in the team last night. Safe to say the sacking stuff was a bit of nonsense - I've still not seen anything to indicate at all what he might have done to substantiate the rumour either.

For the record, I can't recall MoS shouts but I was definitely trumpeting him for a Dream Team spot up until his injury at Wakefield. He was the most threatening and entertaining centre in the league at that time. Him and Manfredi were shoe-ins for dream team selection had they not been injured much of the back half of the season.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

markill wrote:
For the record, I can't recall MoS shouts but I was definitely trumpeting him for a Dream Team spot up until his injury at Wakefield. He was the most threatening and entertaining centre in the league at that time. Him and Manfredi were shoe-ins for dream team selection had they not been injured much of the back half of the season.
"Pudding in the Dream Team???"
Oh yes, RedVee would have gone nuclear! :lol: :lol: :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:
markill wrote:
"Pudding in the Dream Team???"
Oh yes, RedVee would have gone nuclear! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That happens quite often anyway. Allegedly they are all inbred!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wiganer Ted wrote:We all saw him on the pitch warming up, along with Hampshire, so he was in the 19.
In that respect he hasn't been sacked or suspended.
What's gone on I've no idea but if their has been a problem then the most that must have happened is that he's been disciplined (A telling off and a fine?) internally.
Gelling is not fully recovered from injury as proved in the game against Hull when he was replaced and the fact that he was in the warm up on Friday Night and most welcoming of Isa at the training ground make a mockery of any suggestion that he has been sacked or suspended by the club.

Whoever started this rumour needs to find better things to do with their time!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:
If anyone else had suggested Gelling was a shoe in for dream team selection I would have thought they were trolling.

He simply hasn't got the brains to be a top player.