2006 Squad, looking good

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: 2006 Squad, looking go...

Post by Doveoverdave »

thegimble posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:
xxx vaealiki's babe xxx posted:
that squad looks good i think 2006 warriors will be good
only if can get rid of the wigan curse
Its getting that bad well need a witch doctor.
Which Doctor?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:
wiganrldeanh posted: only if can get rid of the wigan curse
Its getting that bad well need a witch doctor.
Which Doctor?
Probably Doctor Who. Imagine travelling back in time to change events so that Eric Hughes coming to Wigan never happened, or chopping off one of Rads' legs so that we had an excuse to keep Briscoe...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Fraggle posted:
or chopping off one of Rads' legs so that we had an excuse to keep Briscoe...
Sorry for asking a question of this nature Fraggle, but have you gone Bannanas pal?!?
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

HappyHooker posted:
Fraggle posted:
Sorry for asking a question of this nature Fraggle, but have you gone Bannanas pal?!?
Well, everyone keeps saying how we should have kept Briscoe instead of releasing him 2 years ago, so I was just trying to help them by creating one of the few scenarios that could have persuaded him that he would have a first team place at Wigan... Obviously not a serious statement.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Fraggle posted:
HappyHooker posted:
Fraggle posted:
Well, everyone keeps saying how we should have kept Briscoe instead of releasing him 2 years ago, so I was just trying to help them by creating one of the few scenarios that could have persuaded him that he would have a first team place at Wigan... Obviously not a serious statement.
I know, was just messin with you! Thing is, we would have probably still played Rads at Fullback in a wheelchair!

Now that would have been funny!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Doug Stand posted:
Fraggle posted:
...or chopping off one of Rads' legs so that we had an excuse to keep Briscoe...
I just don't understand all the noise about Briscoe. I think he is extremely suspect in defence... not the greatest attribute for a full-back.

He's OK but he's still way behind in terms of full backs.

As for the 2006 squad... yes it looks better but there is a lot of unkown about it. We don't know how the imports will fit in and we don't know how the long-term injuries will have recovered.
Still that's the game... so yes it is looking better. I believe we are still one or two players short of really challanging for honours. Assuming all the newbies live up to expectation.
Well said Doug.

Lots of pondrables about the injured guys and the signings - I'll save my views until they have some games under their belts!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Agree with Doug on the point about being one or two players short of winning a trophy i understand that we are constrained by salary cap,20/20,quota but realistically if we lose a halfback ( not even going down the current halfback debate) and a centre against a quality side we can chalk one down in the loss column we cant have replacements for every position but in the three quaters we need to strenghthen up, the forward recruitment and retention looks good you all know who am not posting a list of names but the loss of two backs and we will look ordinary again at best.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

This time last year people were saying the same though, 2005 squad looks strong and we were looking forward to a good season, look what happened there!

We've got a bit more size and rid of players that don't really want to be there, players that maybe want to play for us rather than just being there cause there's no where else to go right now. As soon as I know the Challenge Cup date I'll be booking it off though, not necessarily in high hope just incase.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Doug Stand posted:
Fraggle posted:
...or chopping off one of Rads' legs so that we had an excuse to keep Briscoe...
I just don't understand all the noise about Briscoe. I think he is extremely suspect in defence... not the greatest attribute for a full-back.

He's OK but he's still way behind in terms of full backs.

As for the 2006 squad... yes it looks better but there is a lot of unkown about it. We don't know how the imports will fit in and we don't know how the long-term injuries will have recovered.
Still that's the game... so yes it is looking better. I believe we are still one or two players short of really challanging for honours. Assuming all the newbies live up to expectation.
Well said Doug.

Lots of pondrables about the injured guys and the signings - I'll save my views until they have some games under their belts!
Good idea, Dave. That way, you can't be wrong!! :)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Good idea, Dave. That way, you can't be wrong!! :)
Indeed, I find myself agreeing with Doveoverdave for probably the first time about something! There have been too many disappointments in the past about highly-rated players coming here who have been poor, so I also want to see how these guys play in the Cherry and White before getting too excited or passing comment. But since I don't recall ever having seen Richards, Feca or Fletcher play I'm not in a position to comment in any case!

[hr]