Gelling sacked/suspended

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
superleague

Re: Gelling sacked/suspended

Post by superleague »

DaveO wrote:
markill wrote:
For the record, I can't recall MoS shouts but I was definitely trumpeting him for a Dream Team spot up until his injury at Wakefield. He was the most threatening and entertaining centre in the league at that time. Him and Manfredi were shoe-ins for dream team selection had they not been injured much of the back half of the season.
If anyone else had suggested Gelling was a shoe in for dream team selection I would have thought they were trolling.

He simply hasn't got the brains to be a top player.
Completely agree
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Done his ribs against Leeds and was playing hurt, I asked him myself before the game when my lad was doing the stadium tour for about the millionth time.

He has also said he may be able to come and present my mini's trophies a week on Friday if he hasn't flown to Aus for a Cook Islands game.

Top bloke, some silly things at times but if they come off you all have your todgers out over it.
Up The Mont!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

TonyH wrote:Done his ribs against Leeds and was playing hurt, I asked him myself before the game when my lad was doing the stadium tour for about the millionth time.

He has also said he may be able to come and present my mini's trophies a week on Friday if he hasn't flown to Aus for a Cook Islands game.

Top bloke, some silly things at times but if they come off you all have your todgers out over it.
:lol: :lol:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TonyH wrote:Done his ribs against Leeds and was playing hurt, I asked him myself before the game when my lad was doing the stadium tour for about the millionth time.

Not having that. that last bit is out of order.

We all will not have them out there are ladies here. But then again unless we do the Mick Dundee test we will never really know.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I always have mine out when he scores. That's because I'm always in the gents at the time!????
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Is that the new Joining Jack cerebration?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

superleague wrote:
DaveO wrote:
markill wrote:
For the record, I can't recall MoS shouts but I was definitely trumpeting him for a Dream Team spot up until his injury at Wakefield. He was the most threatening and entertaining centre in the league at that time. Him and Manfredi were shoe-ins for dream team selection had they not been injured much of the back half of the season.
If anyone else had suggested Gelling was a shoe in for dream team selection I would have thought they were trolling.

Completely agree
Neither have some supporters on the ability of players, especially on this website at times!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

superleague wrote:
DaveO wrote:
markill wrote:

Completely agree
Completly disagree.I have said on here many months ago he will be a world class player and i will stick with that. He has natuaral ability that can't be coached just needs game time Oh and a little faith and believe in him. One thing I am 100%sure of Wigan let him go and they will regret it as he is one that will come back to haunt.Would have him before Sarginson any day.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
superleague wrote:
DaveO wrote: If anyone else had suggested Gelling was a shoe in for dream team selection I would have thought they were trolling.

Completely agree
Completly disagree.I have said on here many months ago he will be a world class player and i will stick with that. He has natuaral ability that can't be coached just needs game time Oh and a little faith and believe in him. One thing I am 100%sure of Wigan let him go and they will regret it as he is one that will come back to haunt.Would have him before Sarginson any day.
Early on in the season Gelling was playing brilliant RL and was arguably the best centre in SL, so if he carried on that form why would he not have been in the Dream Team? The fact he didn't carry it on is the worrying part for whatever reason.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

His form suffered after the hamstring injury at Wakefield IIRC
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan