RIP Paperdragon

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
pie eater and proud of it

RIP Paperdragon

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Some sad news for the long time posters on this forum.

Paperdragon AKA George has passed away.

I never met George but we chatted frequently, he was a Wigan fan who emigrated to Melbourne but still watched Wigan games with a passion and love for the club. He also ran a Wigan message board / forum in the days before this one existed.

RIP George.
cpwigan

Re: RIP Paperdragon

Post by cpwigan »

Very sad news. IIRC, his was the only forum back in the day, the early days of forums.

RIP
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

RIP George, will miss our chats.

George was one of the members of this forum, aka bourbon rat, & also a founding member of the sponsorship syndicate.

He had just been tinkering with the new sponsorship logo which he sent to me on Friday night!

God Bless dear, weird, crazy wonderful George ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

George was an amazing kind hearted gentle man who I was so glad to know and even better meet. Wigan RL brought us together but over the years we became really good mates - he used to write the most amazing travelogue emails about the trips he and his lovely wife Irene did in Aussie and was just starting to travel the world. We had the most amazing time when they came to NZ he was so funny and quick and clever.

He will be very much missed by all.

RIP G xxxx
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Thanks for the update Josie. Paper Dragon meant nothing to me but when you said bourbon rat I remembered him straight away. A very interesting poster who will be missed. RIP George.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

magsrads wrote:George was an amazing kind hearted gentle man who I was so glad to know and even better meet. Wigan RL brought us together but over the years we became really good mates - he used to write the most amazing travelogue emails about the trips he and his lovely wife Irene did in Aussie and was just starting to travel the world. We had the most amazing time when they came to NZ he was so funny and quick and clever.

He will be very much missed by all.

RIP G xxxx
So very true Mags, he was a wonderful man & I will miss him so much. We arranged to meet up at the WCC when they both came over from Melbourne just to watch his beloved Wigan Warriors.

We were always chatting online or by email. I loved the travelogues, the videos & photos he used to send me.

????????

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Thanks for the update Josie. Paper Dragon meant nothing to me but when you said bourbon rat I remembered him straight away. A very interesting poster who will be missed. RIP George.
I never knew him as Paperdragon either Kitt.

It was only when his wife Irene sent me a message & then with the OP saying his name was George & he'd emigrated to Melbourne, I put two & two together.

It was his birthday Tuesday just gone. He'd sent me a picture of himself at his "do".

He is the one who did the banners for my emails for the sponsorship. And my banner at the bottom of my posts. Very clever man.

Still can't believe it, he was looking forward to watching the boys in the GF. This is one of his last messages to me
Hugs n Warm Wishes to You Josie - I'll be yelling at the laptop Sunday morn ????
I just can't stop crying ???? ????
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

George was the only internet forum for Wigan RLFC in the early internet years and was always Paperdragon then. Nitsua and Peapoi were regular members back then too.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

RIP Bourbon rat
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#