Is IL Deluded?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Is IL Deluded?

Post by cpwigan »

End of season wards ???? Embarrassing I am all for young players but age is irrelevant or if it is relevant then it lies towards experience when winning competitions. Talk / promises are cheap!
Kittwazzer

Re: Is IL Deluded?

Post by Kittwazzer »

Could you elaborate on this to an extent where we can all understand the point you are making?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If I had to guess I would say CPW is likening the clubs own end of season awards as a bit like giving everyone a prize at school sports day regardless of where you finish in a race.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Every years gets better and better in terms of the standards we set on and off the field.

What about the year? What about 2015?

There are two different ways you can actually look at it You could look at it that we got to the GF and we lost; you could look at it that we were fractionally away from the LL Trophy; There’s no other way to look at how we went out of the CC but typified by being in Leigh in certain respects, rather difficult for us! Nobody likes us over there but I don’t take that view of the season itself. I do not often speak in dressing rooms but I was invited to say a few words by Shaun (Wane) after the Game on Saturday and the prime thing that I said to our players was 2 things; Be proud of what you have done this year; the way we played, the way we participated in that superlative GF is exactly, everything that Wigan should do. It is just a little bit further on to make the win is the only difference. Be proud and remember Leeds average age is miles higher than ours and most are finishing now. We have got a young team and the next 3 years are going to be superlative from our viewpoint. I just think we are poised for something majestic as a team. Don’t have your heads down now. That is what is being said on the websites. The future is Cherry and White

..........................…..

Shaun Wane and 3 Gf in a row is a very special achievement, I am not bothered by the fact we lost 2 of them. We have carried the Wigan flag with great pride. Kris Radlinski has grown and grown. John Winder ….

There you go. Can you imagine Alex Ferguson saying he is not bothered that Man Utd lost 2 successive finals or that taking part and losing is fantastic. Sorry but Il IMO was clueless in making the statements he did.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I don't think for one minute IL is deluded or clueless.
Quite the opposite.

Those comments by him were a surprise in view of losing two finals. Talking about "something magnificent is going to happen" is just trying to make people feel better about things. It was an end of season dinner, a different attitude and it would have become a wake.

We were told in 2010 that the club was going to dominate for 10 years. Up to the end of 2013 I did think it was possible. The reality is that we have gone backwards since doing the double. Or should I say other clubs have improved and we most certainly have not. Our away games last season were largely absolutely dreadful, the exceptions being at Newcastle and Wire with the 0-28.

The dinner was excellent and the right things were said and done. The MC's of Fraser Deignton and Jon Wells were very professional indeed with a good amount of humour thrown in. Well's putting a £5 note in IL's top pocket after he had said some complementary words about the SKY man was brilliant!

However, there was disappointment written all over Shaun Wane's face, he knows two years at Wigan without a trophy isn't what the owner expects nor what Shaun expects of himself and from his squad.

They have to improve in all aspects if this is to be turned around. How it will be done will be interesting to see. A repeat of the past two seasons in term of recruitment, playing performance, results and trophies will define the abilities of the BOD, the club, coaching and playing staff. If trophies are to be won then an all round improvement needed.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote: There you go. Can you imagine Alex Ferguson saying he is not bothered that Man Utd lost 2 successive finals or that taking part and losing is fantastic. Sorry but Il IMO was clueless in making the statements he did.
Clueless - having no clue?

IL has no clue how to address or motivate his staff. He would have been much better to cancel their bonuses and have a massive rant at them?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

I have thought for some time that IL gets a hard time from this forum. You may not always agree with what he says or does but to call him clueless and deluded is very harsh in my opinion.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike wrote:
cpwigan wrote: There you go. Can you imagine Alex Ferguson saying he is not bothered that Man Utd lost 2 successive finals or that taking part and losing is fantastic. Sorry but Il IMO was clueless in making the statements he did.
Clueless - having no clue?

IL has no clue how to address or motivate his staff. He would have been much better to cancel their bonuses and have a massive rant at them?
No need to rant and no need to pretend / lie either. Both are equally futile motivational techniques.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Seinfeld79 wrote:I have thought for some time that IL gets a hard time from this forum. You may not always agree with what he says or does but to call him clueless and deluded is very harsh in my opinion.
Which you are perfectly entitled as is somebody taking a different view; would you agree?

Personally, to suggest 2015 ad 2014 were wonderful and we should be satisfied is taking the piss out of the fans who attended, the same fans who follow the club to away matches and see dross. Is anybody seriously happy as IL says with our away form, not winning anything for 2 years. I am awaiting Mike results are the only measure to come up with a new strategy :lol:

I would be ashamed to stand in front of Wigan fans and urge them to celebrate 2 successive year of failure and like a cheap salesman expect them to believe it.
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

I have thought for some time that IL gets a hard time from this forum. You may not always agree with what he says or does but to call him clueless and deluded is very harsh in my opinion.