Is IL Deluded?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Is IL Deluded?

Post by cpwigan »

Seinfeld79 wrote:I have thought for some time that IL gets a hard time from this forum. You may not always agree with what he says or does but to call him clueless and deluded is very harsh in my opinion.
If you represent Wigan and tell supporters to be happy and rejoice at two successive years of failure is indeed clueless and deluded.

Likewise to offer the statement remember how old that Leeds team are that just won the treble. I mean they will not strengthen. Nor will other teams either is clueless and deluded.

To think success at a fixed age group automatically guarantees success in an open age group competition is clueless and deluded. I bet Leeds fans hated celebrating a treble success with an old team and Wigan fans are delirious at 2 successive barren years but at least the team are young is clueless and deluded.

OR Maybe just maybe IL is the best since Ratner and an amazing door to door salesman convincing devoted fans that everything will be okay as they part with their hard earned. If so, is IL incredibly clever and it is we the fans who are clueless and deluded?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Hello from Tokyo , Japan!

I can see what you are saying CP but he is hardly likely to say we were rubbish this year don't bother buying your season tickets for next year - he is running a business!

However, behind the scenes he is probably saying this ain't good enough.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What are you doing in Tokyo East Stand?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
Seinfeld79 wrote:I have thought for some time that IL gets a hard time from this forum. You may not always agree with what he says or does but to call him clueless and deluded is very harsh in my opinion.
If you represent Wigan and tell supporters to be happy and rejoice at two successive years of failure is indeed clueless and deluded.

Likewise to offer the statement remember how old that Leeds team are that just won the treble. I mean they will not strengthen. Nor will other teams either is clueless and deluded.

To think success at a fixed age group automatically guarantees success in an open age group competition is clueless and deluded. I bet Leeds fans hated celebrating a treble success with an old team and Wigan fans are delirious at 2 successive barren years but at least the team are young is clueless and deluded.

OR Maybe just maybe IL is the best since Ratner and an amazing door to door salesman convincing devoted fans that everything will be okay as they part with their hard earned. If so, is IL incredibly clever and it is we the fans who are clueless and deluded?
Why do you need to insult people cp? I find it in bad taste.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

How is finishing 2nd failure?, finishing 10th place or getting relegated is failure, had it not been for a last minute lucky kick we would have won the LLS, if it had not been for a dubious video ref decision we would be SL champions, you need to get over it, it's only a game ffs :eusa4:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

Who did I insult? I find swearing even worse BTW.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: If you represent Wigan and tell supporters to be happy and rejoice at two successive years of failure is indeed clueless and deluded.

You insult everybody cp! From the chairman down to supporters down to fellow posters on this site, most of the time albeit in a sarcastic manner, they are still insults.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Why do you need to insult people cp? I find it in bad taste.
You insult everybody cp! From the chairman down to supporters down to fellow posters on this site, most of the time albeit in a sarcastic manner, they are still insults.
Don't worry josie, we are all used to it.

Everything is either correct or "clueless and deluded" to cp - there is no alternative viewpoint that is even slightly valid.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Who did I insult? I find swearing even worse BTW.
Don't worry josie, we are all used to it.

Everything is either correct or "clueless and deluded" to cp - there is no alternative viewpoint that is even slightly valid.
I know Mike, but surely this won't be the topic of conversation/s all thru the 'off season'? That surely would be just plain 'dumb'! :lol:
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

Its about time someone took note of that as I got called all the names under the sun yet nothing was said .....again.
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.