Is IL Deluded?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Is IL Deluded?

Post by East Stand Faithful »

cpwigan wrote:What are you doing in Tokyo East Stand?

On business promoting our cyber security capability and counter remote control IEDs that blow up our troops.

Spent tonight at the British embassy in Tokyo being entertained by the coldstream guards, Japanese and USA military bands. Boris Johnson is here too!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:There's season tickets up for sale and a positive spin has to be put on the matter.
I sincerely hope not.

I doubt what he said has anything to do with season ticket sales.

If it has and he is spinning a line then just how patronising is that?

You are implying he is saying something he doesn't believe in the hope it's the fans who are deluded enough to believe a load of spin.

I think there is far too much reading between the lines done when either IL or Wane makes a statement.

It's a pretty easy way for anyone to turn what they actually said into what they want to believe they mean.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What do you think he meant Dave and what were his motives.

Personally, I am going to believe everything the club says and enjoy a treble treble.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:What do you think he meant Dave and what were his motives.

Personally, I am going to believe everything the club says and enjoy a treble treble.
And if that happens I believe you will still have a moan.

Treble Treble but no WCC win. That would be awful :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You are being silly Gimble. A treble treble will be a fantastic achievement. No need to be greedy!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sad
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:Sad
Have you had bad news Meds?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:There's season tickets up for sale and a positive spin has to be put on the matter.
I sincerely hope not.

I doubt what he said has anything to do with season ticket sales.

If it has and he is spinning a line then just how patronising is that?

You are implying he is saying something he doesn't believe in the hope it's the fans who are deluded enough to believe a load of spin.

I think there is far too much reading between the lines done when either IL or Wane makes a statement.

It's a pretty easy way for anyone to turn what they actually said into what they want to believe they mean.

It was a tongue in cheek comment but I certainly don't believe any of the smoke and mirrors stuff that comes out.
As I said fans believe what they like, gullible or otherwise. I don't see any change in the status quo and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win anything next year because at this moment in time I don't honestly think we'll be as strong as this year.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

I honestly think even if we won the treble and the WCC nilled saints on good friday some folk on here would still be whining :o
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

Warrior yet another cup half full supporter if we are that bad at bringing through players explain why we have prob the best amount of home grown players in our 1st team, also 7 English international players in the squad ( including Sam but I know tech with New Zealand Warriors ) so again pretty crap then for a so called rubbish team......