Konrad Hurrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Konrad Hurrell

Post by ddtftf »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Waney says talk of Hurrell is "wide of the mark".

So if there is to be another signing why would it not be Carney?
Rumours are he's been told he won't play for Cas again.
The player he apparently (Rumoured) fell out with was Nathan Massey. Massey has re-signed on a four year deal.

Cas will find it difficult gaining a substantial fee for Carney, they may accept a moderate offer, or less, though.

I reckon he'll have a new club for next season though.

what about a signing on fee and 1 years membership to a brothel lol
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The most powerful centre since Mal Maninga, 17 and a half stone and fast, if Wigan don't go for him they will never get another chance of a super star in the position we need one. If Leeds / St Helens / or Warrington get him I will be devastated, watched him all year on Premier Sports he is awesome almost unstoppable
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote:The most powerful centre since Mal Maninga, 17 and a half stone and fast, if Wigan don't go for him they will never get another chance of a super star in the position we need one. If Leeds / St Helens / or Warrington get him I will be devastated, watched him all year on Premier Sports he is awesome almost unstoppable
I concur. We are badly in need of a game breaker and they don't come much better than this guy. If the opportunity comes along to acquire his services then we should pull out all the stops.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
RC

Post by RC »

No straw damn us wrote: A big young prop. Have you seen the size of Joe Bretherton, and Sam Kibula 17 stone at 16 years of age who has just been promoted to the academy from the scholarship? As for Hurrell could it not be that Sam has been asked about him and said don't bother? In a recent interview on Wigan tv Sam was less than complimentary about the culture at the NZ Warriors. If Hurrell is the superstar some people think, why are they letting him go?
Admittedly, no, I've never seen the size of our young props, but I've heard good things about them.

I was just saying it was more likely that Hurrell would join IF Sam Tomkins did talk to him about it. And Hurrell wants to leave the NZ Warriors from what I've learned. I could be wrong, might be a mutual agreement to part ways, but I've watched Hurrell for two years and he's an absolute star, without a doubt one of the best centres in the world.

The signing is unlikely, however, I'm just saying that I'd love for it to happen and in my opinion could be for the better of the club.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Hurrell is a commercial investment for the club, gate receipts would rise and cover his wage. I was discussing the situation with Mal Maninga and St Helens were in profit with the extra supporters coming through the gates to watch him, so sorry if I have bust your bubble IL, but you have been complaining about falling gates, now you have a chance to put it right. Or is Ian Lenagan ahead of us and has signed him and it will be announced in 2 years time
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote:Hurrell is a commercial investment for the club, gate receipts would rise and cover his wage. I was discussing the situation with Mal Maninga and St Helens were in profit with the extra supporters coming through the gates to watch him, so sorry if I have bust your bubble IL, but you have been complaining about falling gates, now you have a chance to put it right. Or is Ian Lenagan ahead of us and has signed him and it will be announced in 2 years time
Did he come for a bit of fishing?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

What do you do if New Zealand Rugby Union have made a big offer. Match it and get rid of players.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

No Meds, but I will offer 3 yrs free fishing as part of his contract.

Tommy Makinson and his mates comes though, but I charge him because he plays for the opposition
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

thegimble wrote:What do you do if New Zealand Rugby Union have made a big offer. Match it and get rid of players.

If the club try and fail, it is much better than never to have tried at all. We are one of the top RL clubs and should be bidding for the best that become available.

Think Leeds look like pulling one over Lenagan again, they got the offloading prop we needed.

Ps we offloaded players to get Ellery Handley and look what a disaster that was.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf wrote:
thegimble wrote:What do you do if New Zealand Rugby Union have made a big offer. Match it and get rid of players.

If the club try and fail, it is much better than never to have tried at all. We are one of the top RL clubs and should be bidding for the best that become available.

Think Leeds look like pulling one over Lenagan again, they got the offloading prop we needed.

Ps we offloaded players to get Ellery Handley and look what a disaster that was.
But was their a salary cap back then. If the same system existed back then you would not have had the side we had back then.

Easy enough to say get him but we can not even compete with NZ union and from what I can gather and I could be wrong he is going to union.

And how do you know that we have not tried and failed. Personally I rather we get Justin Carney in as tbh Josh is not the player he was.

Ps if we can get both then even better. If we can not get Carney then we do needs a centre. And this sounds stupid but Shenton is an upgrade to what we have. Bateman needs to go to 13 and second row.