Poor reflection on Lockers?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Poor reflection on Lockers?

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I think WaneBall is too complimentary to the modern day master coach PM. However, lest we forget he is a Wiganer so successive seasons of failure have to be forgiven. Good lad Waney, incredibly clever coach :wink:
Stop being so condescending cp, it doesn't become you & "lest we forget" putting a wink or a smiley face does not make your posts right or ok! :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:I think WaneBall is too complimentary to the modern day master coach PM. However, lest we forget he is a Wiganer so successive seasons of failure have to be forgiven. Good lad Waney, incredibly clever coach :wink:
Oooo. Sarky! Or is this a U-turn?

:D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:
Oooo. Sarky! Or is this a U-turn?

:D
Now then, now then :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Stop being so condescending cp, it doesn't become you & "lest we forget" putting a wink or a smiley face does not make your posts right or ok! :wink:
I get the impression he is rambling to himself judging by the lack of supporters agreeing with him!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
I get the impression he is rambling to himself judging by the lack of supporters agreeing with him!
I do ramble on occasions WW. Lancashire is a wonderful place to ramble.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Stop being so condescending cp, it doesn't become you & "lest we forget" putting a wink or a smiley face does not make your posts right or ok! :wink:
I do ramble on occasions WW. Lancashire is a wonderful place

to ramble.

edited by mod
menpond

Post by menpond »

Lockers has been a working leader.We should have found a normal bullying the troops sort of player,say an Edwards sort,to settle the side in big matches. Wane does nothing on the mental side,so we keep falling short.
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did some checking. The call to take 2 was made by Lockers and the players. They felt that they were on top and would kick on. What they didn't probably account for is that Leeds probably saw it as a pressure release and the resulting pause in play allowed them to regroup.

I think it was a huge mistake and a defining moment. Very often the young players are IMO being let down by the senior ones.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

cpwigan wrote:I did some checking. The call to take 2 was made by Lockers and the players. They felt that they were on top and would kick on. What they didn't probably account for is that Leeds probably saw it as a pressure release and the resulting pause in play allowed them to regroup.

I think it was a huge mistake and a defining moment. Very often the young players are IMO being let down by the senior ones.
By creating a 4 point lead with 15 minutes to go? Absolute BS. You could make the argument to create a 6 point lead and most certainly for an 8 point lead.

We were controlling that second half of the game, we had them on the back foot and then decided it was best to give Leeds a rest, take all momentum out of the game and create a 4 point lead.

Absolute cop out.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."