First fixture 2016

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: First fixture 2016

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:The whole situation regarding fixtures and London etc. reminds me of Sky Tv. They give great offers to new customers while leaving existing/loyal customers to pay their bills and remain quiet.
We've just cancelled Sky! I only watch the rugby league & Stephen likes the football, but with nearly all football games on BT Sports, he hasn't much to watch.

Cancelling Premier as well cos we only watch the NRL on there!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

That band of 5 away games after Magic will be crippling. Especially given the away form this year. Thursday night games are no good for me and my boy as we travel from Stockport and it is school the next day. My opinions in the survey about Thursday night fixtures obviously counted :angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Seriously considering not renewing the ticket with those fixtures.

Despite my son usually missing some games due to being at Uni it has still been a toss up money-wise if a season ticket was OK.

One year he has been there the fixtures worked out that home games were when he was back at the end of term and over summer and he got to quite a few.

This is his final year so that is all the home games up to and including the 13th May out of the window because the home games are so loaded towards the start of the season.

The fact one of those fixtures may well end up being lost and we don't know which one puts the lid on it I think.

A season ticket got him for two regular season games and the super-8's? Given it may be a super-8 game that is moved again that is 5 games maximum if he went to all the ones he could.

If he hasn't got a season ticket and Thursday night games having such a dire atmosphere I can't see me renewing mine either.

I have had one every year since before we left Central Park.

Having a season ticket means going to games gets to be a habit. Even if you think the game won't be that great, you go because you paid for it and to support the team.

I can see people who don't renew getting out of the habit of going at all and these fixtures could pose a serious threat to the club if others pass on their ticket.

craig87x

Post by craig87x »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:That band of 5 away games after Magic will be crippling. Especially given the away form this year. Thursday night games are no good for me and my boy as we travel from Stockport and it is school the next day. My opinions in the survey about Thursday night fixtures obviously counted :angry:
Sadly Wigan and the other clubs have no control over Thursday night games. Sky pay their money and take complete control over when TV fixtures are played.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

I know. It's annoying though. The kids are the supporters of the future. But, as you say, Sky dictates.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

According to the fixture list we have 12 games on SKY.
They haven't listed the last two matches v Leeds and Saints as being televised.
I can't see them not being on TV.
So that would be 14 times on SKY from 23 games.
Six games at home, seven away and one neutral.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I feel the same as DaveO,if another game goes to London the Warriors will play

just 5 games at home in the last 16. :angry:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:The whole situation regarding fixtures and London etc. reminds me of Sky Tv. They give great offers to new customers while leaving existing/loyal customers to pay their bills and remain quiet.
We've just cancelled Sky! I only watch the rugby league & Stephen likes the football, but with nearly all football games on BT Sports, he hasn't much to watch.

same here
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

josie andrews wrote:

I think the same can be said of all providers TBW.

BTW Josie did you have a problem cancelling you Sky subscription.?

I saw a consumer prog about just that and the antics of the staff at Sky was horrendous.!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

I think the same can be said of all providers TBW.

BTW Josie did you have a problem cancelling you Sky subscription.?

I saw a consumer prog about just that and the antics of the staff at Sky was horrendous.!
No not really. They did try to offer us other deals but when you're paying just short of £90 a month & that's without movies they couldn't come up with anything tempting enough to stay

with them.

They did throw the "you've been with us for over twenty years" bit but they seem more interested in getting new subscribers getting everything for £50 on a 12 month contract then they cancel after 12 month, you would think they would want to look after their loyal customers first!

Premier was a lot worse, it took 20 minutes for them to accept 'no, we want to cancel'!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan