Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
menpond

Re: Hampshire

Post by menpond »

What has Shorrocks got that's special? Would be delighted if he is,but some posters have every Wigan teenager a future top player.Status has to be earned in the heat of battle. Wane throws too many kids on ,sometimes in vital cup ties ,and a won game is lost. Leeds fans pray to the lord every day for us to keep Wane as boss ,as he is their 18th man.
mp
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:No, Hull KR wanted to sign him permanently; Wigan told KR he was still part of their plans and would be returning to Wigan.
Thought not thanks CP.

I was away for a holiday 2 weeks ago and thought I might have missed something.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

The contract extension and the season long loan deal is a perfect example of a club hedging it's bets. Some will say it makes sense. However why would Castleford help Wigan in this matter? What do they get out of this if he is to leave come what may?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Like the get out of jail clause meaning he can come back if needed.But with Powell in the running highly unlikely.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I notice a lack of comment from SW. This is rather puzzling as he usually has some bs to spout about asking other players what they think!!
Great news though.
As an aside has SW been over ridden? Could it be last chance saloon for him this season?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I notice a lack of comment from SW. This is rather puzzling as he usually has some bs to spout about asking other players what they think!!
Great news though.
As an aside has SW been over ridden? Could it be last chance saloon for him this season?
IL has always stated there is a place for Hampshire would Hampshire not stay now that Sam Tomkins is injured?
doc

Post by doc »

Shorrocks did his cruciate towards the end of the season so can't see him providing half-back cover for a while. Makes the Hampshire loan seem even more short sighted.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

jaws1 wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I notice a lack of comment from SW. This is rather puzzling as he usually has some bs to spout about asking other players what they think!!
Great news though.
IL has always stated there is a place for Hampshire would Hampshire not stay now that Sam Tomkins is injured?
Exactly where I'm coming from with my last comment. I wonder if SW has sore paws over this?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
jaws1 wrote:
Great news though.
Exactly where I'm coming from with my last comment. I wonder if SW has sore paws over this?
The players/staff aren't back in for pre season yet. I haven't seen any comments from Wane for a while. No drama
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wandering Warrior wrote: As an aside has SW been over ridden? Could it be last chance saloon for him this season?
Thinking about this, it would seem so

Look at it this way. SW wins something (anything) next season then replacing whoever plays halves for us would be difficult to argue with.

Win nothing (again) and then his position becomes untenable considering what he inherited from Maguire. Whoever replaces SW would then more than likely want their line-up than SW's square-peg round hole approach to team selection
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!