A fantastic test series, the acid test NOW

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

A fantastic test series, the acid test NOW

Post by cpwigan »

I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY test, the entire series win or lose BUT for me the acid test now fall at the feet of the media (TV / PAPER / NET). British sport is at a low ebb the RU WC, cricket SO a great test series victory by England RL v the world No 1, NZ should be saturation coverage / reaction on TV, in the papers, the net. Will it be ?

Big test for the media IMO!!!
East Stand Faithful

Re: A fantastic test series, the acid test NOW

Post by East Stand Faithful »

CP I think you know the answer!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

East Stand Faithful wrote:CP I think you know the answer!
Sadly we all probably do but if it does occur; the RFL, the RL community need to go on the offensive BIG TIME and obliterate the media.
craig87x

Post by craig87x »

Went the game today, put SSN on tv upon returning home to find Soccer Saturday on. Fair enough, can't mention us during that. Upon its conclusion the headlines were Football, Paris attacks and Russian athletics ban. Token mention for Euro RU.

RL coverage = ZERO.

Southern bias will never change, I hope Northern England gets an independence party like Scotland. I'd vote for them!
ian b

Post by ian b »

to be honest CP we have a great test series and Mr Burgess has come home !!! rugby union is at a real low and a few of its players have even said how unhappy they are. Lets make the most of it because the media is as biased as you say
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

craig87x wrote:Went the game today, put SSN on tv upon returning home to find Soccer Saturday on. Fair enough, can't mention us during that. Upon its conclusion the headlines were Football, Paris attacks and Russian athletics ban. Token mention for Euro RU.

RL coverage = ZERO.

Southern bias will never change, I hope Northern England gets an independence party like Scotland. I'd vote for them!
don't forget to include Dartmoor :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Last game was by far the best if a little too scrapy in the second half. Good calls from Mcnamara on Smith and McGillivray
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

No proper end of game summing up by the pundits on television, but you can hardly on this occasion blame the BBC, when it took so long to erect the small stage for the presentation with the result that some supporters left earlier than they should have done!

Snails could have gone faster, especially than the two carrying the banner on two sticks.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They were practising erecting it for ove an hour before the game! The number of times they got the top bit back to front was hilarious :lol: #amateurs
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan