Re: Lets get this old chesnut going

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Smokie Jim

Re: Lets get this old chestnut going

Post by Smokie Jim »

I think the same as you WW. Replica shirts are more for the kids and young at heart. Jasonlouise's suggestion of the Wigan/Wire challenge in Milwaukee USA would appeal to those fans
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Pointless topic as clubs including Wigan do what they want to do in the way of marketing replica shirts, irrespective of what the fan's want or think.

When replica shirts were first produced, most only changed every time the main shirt sponsor changed, but now because of more advertisements on them, they change every season and you now pay a high price to be a walking advertisement for sponsors.

Like many others, enough is enough and I now wear a Cherry & White 't' shirt with badge, but without advertisements which still shows who I support but at the same time did not cost me anything like you pay for a replica shirt to be a walking advertisement.

Others, I have noticed have done likewise!

A "T-shirt"! How standards have fallen. Club tie surely!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
markill

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Pointless topic as clubs including Wigan do what they want to do in the way of marketing replica shirts, irrespective of what the fan's want or think.

When replica shirts were first produced, most only changed every time the main shirt sponsor changed, but now because of more advertisements on them, they change every season and you now pay a high price to be a walking advertisement for sponsors.

Like many others, enough is enough and I now wear a Cherry & White 't' shirt with badge, but without advertisements which still shows who I support but at the same time did not cost me anything like you pay for a replica shirt to be a walking advertisement.

I got married in a club tie. But then I also wear replica shirts. My family find it an easy present each year around Xmas and birthday, if they're on sale in time!!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:

Maybe, but cheaper than being ripped off with annual new shirt which in most cases is not needed.