Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Re: Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Post by jobo »

Made up for him. He's been a great player and off the field a true man and Gentleman. It's a bit churlish to say he's an ordinary player, sometimes, someone can carry a team to win even if they aren't the worlds best player and Sinfield is one of those.
Great for RL.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

A small victory for RL and very welcome.
I don't agree that this is a poor year for sport, especially for individuals. We don't often win the Davis Cup, F1, Heavyweight boxing, Swimming World Records or Gymnastic Golds. Also strong back stories for Mo and Jessica. RL beat them all apart from Murray/Davis Cup.
Well done Kev, well done the RL community.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Over 278,000 votes for Sinfield.

Well done to all who voted to put RL into 2nd place. Not bad for a northern sport

Amazing Lizzie Jones sang "Danny Boy" as screen displayed all sports persons who have passed away in 2015, was very poignant & emotional to have her husbands picture displayed last. Incredible how she held it together. One brave lady
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Leeds fans acting like they support the most successful club in the history of all sports, shame that the majority of fans from other clubs only voted for the RL aspect of it, i didn't vote, but if i had of done i would have voted for somebody worthy of the title and not somebody who probably got nominated due to his club doing the treble despite him having an average season, surely if he was good enough to be Spoty then he would have been good enough to be MoS as well, oh well at least he's gone now and i don't have to put up with Wiggy and Stevo creaming over him when he performs an average play, rant over, off to bed now :hehe:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The fact that he did better than more well known names like the tax dodger Louis Hamilton is good enough for me.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:The fact that he did better than more well known names like the tax dodger Louis Hamilton is good enough for me.
Agreed even a certain Mr Frome apparently lives in a haven to dodge tax.

Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

jobo wrote:Made up for him. He's been a great player and off the field a true man and Gentleman. It's a bit churlish to say he's an ordinary player, sometimes, someone can carry a team to win even if they aren't the worlds best player and Sinfield is one of those.
Great for RL.
It's Christmas. I'll add my name to that Jobo ????????cheers
jao711

Sinfield

Post by jao711 »

I suppose most of us expected Andy Murray to win it,but RL fans were certainly voting en masse last night.Amazed at the gap down to third place.Well done Kevin,and well done RL fans everywhere.
sheepsteeth

Re: Sinfield

Post by sheepsteeth »

I'm made up he didn't win.

In fact i was greatly disappointed he even got nominated.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Sinfield

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

If personality was weighed in mass, both Andy Murray and Kevin Sinfield wouldn't have enough to play on a see-saw with a sperm
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure