Andy Farrell Return

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Andy Farrell Return

Post by medlocke »

bill.inger wrote:There are some posters on here who I would like to ask the question "How many employers did you work for between the ages of 16 and 35, and why did you move on?" Invariably the answer is "the money of course".
AF is no different, his injuries were showing up after getting hammered week in week out and no real prospect of long term well paid employment at Wigan, what's he supposed to do?.
He could have been propping up Widnes or Salford with the promise of coaching in the future or he could make a financial killing. All players these days are mercenary, Wellens, Roby and SOL being exceptions, heavens above, even Sir Kev has taken the Kings shilling. Farrell knows he got it right, the family comes first.
4, redundancy twice, sacked twice, but would have left all of them for more money, it ain't rocket science, unless your WW
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: Yeah, we know that he was good enough before he went to RU, but the day after he went he wasn't good enough because he took his family with him. :D
More to do with caring about money for himself and son rather than caring about coaching in our game and providing us with a future International Stand Off and Goalkicker.

If you are happy with that outcome, fair enough, but others are not!
I totally agree WW 100%

I mean what a s@it of a human being, so first he dedicates the best years of his personal health and bleeds cherry and white - then he has the front to take more money to go play an easier game on his already completely broken body. I mean he should of stay here at least another 4 years who cares what his body would be like when he turns 40, he should play out his career and cripple himself for money that will see him most likely need to take on another job once he retires.

As if all that wasn't cheeky enough the scumbag he then GET THIS does what's best for his family! , what a disgusting human, I mean come on looking out for his son and giving him the best life he could at the detriment to the only thing in life that matters WIGAN.

I agree with you I wouldn't want him anywhere near Wigan, I mean when if I have a son I'm going to make sure that if he got the chance to play for Wigan he does it for free and plays when he has broken limbs and everything or I'll disown him and cast him aside

Andy Farrell what a joke :wink:
:eusa2: :lol:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I wouldn't particularly have Faz back at Wigan but not for one minute would I knock what he did.
There's no guarantees in life and in any teams port you may only be one game away from your last one due to injury. He did right by himself and his family and anybody who wouldn't do that needs to see a piechiatrist!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I wouldn't particularly have Faz back at Wigan but not for one minute would I knock what he did.
There's no guarantees in life and in any teams port you may only be one game away from your last one due to injury. He did right by himself and his family and anybody who wouldn't do that needs to see a piechiatrist!!
I was not knocking what he did as a player with Wigan, just the fact that he took a future Star International player away from our game.

For that reason, he has as far as many are concerned, made his bed in Union and can sleep in it there!

We have plenty of our own more loyal ex. players who can fill the positions of Coaches in our game without the 'thirty pieces of silver' grabbers.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I wouldn't particularly have Faz back at Wigan but not for one minute would I knock what he did.
I was not knocking what he did as a player with Wigan, just the fact that he took a future Star International player away from our game.

For that reason, he has as far as many are concerned, made his bed in Union and can sleep in it there!

We have plenty of our own more loyal ex. players who can fill the positions of Coaches in our game without the 'thirty pieces of silver' grabbers.
Not bothered he is a money grabber but do remember since the inception of the Grand final onwards as a captain he lead us to limited success.

Think SOL has won more and for me should be ahead of him in the running as a future coach for the club. Edwards for me would be ahead of him as well.

Its easy in England union domestic league they pay more than any side. Its like managing Celtic in Scotland. But with all the resources in the world and a massive advantage he failed badly in union with England and he from all accounts even before the World Cup wanted Burgess in the squad and where to play. Even though he was not even a Bath regular at centre.

I think he need to stay where he is he might have shouted a lot as a captain but once SL became a level playing field of sorts he did not do as well as the legend makes out. Whilst SOL who some regarded as not even fit to lace his boots won more.

A coach needs to do more than shouting and finger pointing he needs to lead the team and that takes more than a playing quality.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

So was Owen a guaranteed World class Rugby League player, or just another one that people were saying was a great prospect? There's a huge difference. For every Sam Tomkins that there is, there are dozens of other junior players that have been spoken of as an amazing prospect, only for them to disappear. Sadly, the older generation of supporters can't seem to get their heads around the fact that AF has done absolutely nothing wrong and was only looking out for himself and his family's future. Something that 99% of people would do, given the same opportunities.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sean O'Loughlin, IMO, has been our best captain since Ellery Hanley!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Sutty wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

He's gone with his lad, move on.

So was Owen a guaranteed World class Rugby League player, or just another one that people were saying was a great prospect? There's a huge difference. For every Sam Tomkins that there is, there are dozens of other junior players that have been spoken of as an amazing prospect, only for them to disappear. Sadly, the older generation of supporters can't seem to get their heads around the fact that AF has done absolutely nothing wrong and was only looking out for himself and his family's future. Something that 99% of people would do, given the same opportunities.
Correct!
And I did mention one game away from career end due to injury!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Steve-25

Post by Steve-25 »

I'd have to disagree with Whelley , No one is disputing AF's contribution to wigan over the years , OF was still a child at the time and still had umpteen possible futures ahead of him in any walk of life .
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

thegimble wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

Not bothered he is a money grabber but do remember since the inception of the Grand final onwards as a captain he lead us to limited success.

Think SOL has won more and for me should be ahead of him in the running as a future coach for the club. Edwards for me would be ahead of him as well.

Its easy in England union domestic league they pay more than any side. Its like managing Celtic in Scotland. But with all the resources in the world and a massive advantage he failed badly in union with England and he from all accounts even before the World Cup wanted Burgess in the squad and where to play. Even though he was not even a Bath regular at centre.

I think he need to stay where he is he might have shouted a lot as a captain but once SL became a level playing field of sorts he did not do as well as the legend makes out. Whilst SOL who some regarded as not even fit to lace his boots won more.

A coach needs to do more than shouting and finger pointing he needs to lead the team and that takes more than a playing quality.
100% with that on Lockers, plus his mind is still on league and not with kicking a ball and falling to the floor in tackles in the style of union.
Both took the King's lute and can stick with it, moreso with viable capable retiring players coming available.