Re: Wane names squad for Hudds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Wigan Warriors have today named their 19-man squad for the game at Huddersfield with Greg Burke back into the Wigan Squad for the first time since July 2014.

The former Ince Rose Bridge amateur who spent the 2015 campaign on-loan at Hull KR comes into the squad for Lee Mossop in the only change from last week’s win over Catalans.

Warriors Head Coach, Shaun Wane, said: “Greg has really impressed me during the pre-season, he’s trained really well and he played for the Reserves at Warrington last week and had a dig. He did the same in the game against London Skolars and his attitude has been great so it’s a reward for that really.”

On the game itself, Wane said:

“We went there last year and played really well against them so I’m hoping for the same this week. They’re a very strong team, especially at home, they’ll be hurting after their loss against St Helens so I’m expecting to face a really fired up team this Friday.”

The Giants could be without three key players with Joe Wardle, Scott Grix and Danny Brough all picking up injuries. Wane still expects a tough test on Friday though.

“We’re looking at playing against 17 good players,” he said. “They’ve got a few key players out but so have we. They’re still very strong, Ukuma Ta’ai is playing really well, I know what Larne Patrick can do and they’ve got some very strong players in their team.”

Wigan Warriors 19-man-squad

John Bateman, Gregg Burke, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Dom Manfredi, Michael McIlorum, Sean O¹Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, George Williams
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Glad to see Burke has been rewarded for his efforts. Maybe the kick up the behind Moose needs.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Be interesting to see if we go with the same 17 though. I suspect we will
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think so Adam.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I wonder how many second rowers we'll play this week. I think we're on a mission to play 17.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tuigamala wrote:Wigan Warriors have today named their 19-man squad for the game at Huddersfield with Greg Burke back into the Wigan Squad for the first time since July 2014.

The former Ince Rose Bridge amateur who spent the 2015 campaign on-loan at Hull KR comes into the squad for Lee Mossop in the only change from last week’s win over Catalans.

Warriors Head Coach, Shaun Wane, said: “Greg has really impressed me during the pre-season, he’s trained really well and he played for the Reserves at Warrington last week and had a dig. He did the same in the game against London Skolars and his attitude has been great so it’s a reward for that really.”

On the game itself, Wane said:

“We went there last year and played really well against them so I’m hoping for the same this week. They’re a very strong team, especially at home, they’ll be hurting after their loss against St Helens so I’m expecting to face a really fired up team this Friday.”

The Giants could be without three key players with Joe Wardle, Scott Grix and Danny Brough all picking up injuries. Wane still expects a tough test on Friday though.

“We’re looking at playing against 17 good players,” he said. “They’ve got a few key players out but so have we. They’re still very strong, Ukuma Ta’ai is playing really well, I know what Larne Patrick can do and they’ve got some very strong players in their team.”

Wigan Warriors 19-man-squad

John Bateman, Gregg Burke, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Dom Manfredi, Michael McIlorum, Sean O¹Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, George Williams
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... ke-is-back
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

So what's the problem with Mossop?
Is it he's injured or simply not selected.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote:So what's the problem with Mossop?
Is it he's injured or simply not selected.
Still suffering from the stinger :wink:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Is Dom Crosby injured??
menpond

Post by menpond »

Mossop bringing back is a gamble from Wane. Are we overdoing the loyalty bit ,and overpaying to boot? Wanes record with props is poor,and we cannot afford weakness in to many positions.,eg stand off/ centre. Still looks v promising this year,so here goes.
mp