Salford game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Salford game

Post by Owd Codger »

No straw damn us wrote:The "cock up" for the Easter Monday fixture falls firmly at the hand of Wigan Warriors. The football fixtures were compiled in late June/early July, there was lack of communication between Warriors and Latics. All it needed was a polite e-mail reminder to Latics in early June to say that they would require stadium availability for Easter Monday 2016.
How is the clubs fault when this season, the Good Friday game against St Helens was known to be away and the Easter Monday game was known to be at home in accodance with a sequence which has been going on for years.

If anything, Wigan Athletic are as much to blame for not asking for alternative fixtures for the said weekend when prior to June, they knew when we would be away on Good Friday and home on Easter Monday. Both clubs need to get their heads together where fixtures are concerned, especially when some people are supporting both clubs.

Its not rocket science, just a bit of common sense to solve what is becoming a regular problem at the DW Stadium.
markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:The "cock up" for the Easter Monday fixture falls firmly at the hand of Wigan Warriors. The football fixtures were compiled in late June/early July, there was lack of communication between Warriors and Latics. All it needed was a polite e-mail reminder to Latics in early June to say that they would require stadium availability for Easter Monday 2016.
How is the clubs fault when this season, the Good Friday game against St Helens was known to be away and the Easter Monday game was known to be at home in accodance with a sequence which has been going on for years.

If anything, Wigan Athletic are as much to blame for not asking for alternative fixtures for the said weekend when prior to June, they knew when we would be away on Good Friday and home on Easter Monday. Both clubs need to get their heads together where fixtures are concerned, especially when some people are supporting both clubs.

Its not rocket science, just a bit of common sense to solve what is becoming a regular problem at the DW Stadium.
Why should another team in another sport spend their time figuring out when our fixtures are? Of course it's us that should give them a heads up about it rather than the other way round.

Also, how's it becoming a regular problem!? We've not had to move a fixture we'd normally play at home directly because of the Latics since that one playoff game in 2008.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Hopefully it will not be a problem when Latics are playing Non-league football in a couple seasons. :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

If we have to play the salford game away,
does it then class as a away game so season ticket holders
would have to buy a ticket?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Wigan Athletic was only part owner of the DW and that Wigan Council was part owner. If that is the case how come the Football team seem to be calling the tune.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

PF Warrior wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Wigan Athletic was only part owner of the DW and that Wigan Council was part owner. If that is the case how come the Football team seem to be calling the tune.
The ground is owned and managed by Wigan Football Company Limited.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cow yeds wrote:
PF Warrior wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Wigan Athletic was only part owner of the DW and that Wigan Council was part owner. If that is the case how come the Football team seem to be calling the tune.
15% is owned by Wigan Council. btw Wigan Football Ltd is NOT the same as Wigan Athletic.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

cow yeds wrote:
Thanks for that Cow Yeds, my education continues.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

No straw damn us wrote:
cow yeds wrote:
15% is owned by Wigan Council. btw Wigan Football Ltd is NOT the same as Wigan Athletic.
Correct, it reads the ground is used by Wigan Ath. & Wigan RL.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Surely they won't be switching it at this late stage?