Easter Monday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Easter Monday

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Easter Monday HKR 8PM KO

Latics KO 13:30

Long distance fans screwed again

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
cpwigan

Re: Easter Monday

Post by cpwigan »

Unavoidable I am guessing but not many KR will attend for the same reason.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Certainly doing their best to prevent me attending games.
markill

Post by markill »

Our last easter monday game had over 15,000 on against a woeful Bradford side. They had that family zone with inflatables and such. Shame that we won't get that type of a day again this time.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

markill wrote:Our last easter monday game had over 15,000 on against a woeful Bradford side. They had that family zone with inflatables and such. Shame that we won't get that type of a day again this time.
Will be interesting to see the crown numbers for both the Salford and HKR games . I am guessing that reduced numbers will be made up of mainly away fans and Wigan non season ticket holders (cash paying public). Money the club can ill afford to loose as the already have season ticket holders money .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

"The solution is an endorsement of the growing relationship between the two Wigan clubs."

Lenegan has got to be having a laugh. Whelan and sharp must think all the christmases have come at once having a puppet like lenegan as a landlord.They say Jump Lenegan says Hw high.There in league 1. It will get a damn site worse should promotion happen. By the way I hope they do get promoted Wigan IS wigan. Don't blame Wigan Athletic Blame owners of both clubs.

:( :(
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

What about blaming the RFL for their inaction?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

robbobillinge wrote:What about blaming the RFL for their inaction?
Unfortunately it's not the rfl job to go through Latics fixtures it's all down to when Wigan asked to change fixture. And going off them letting the fans know. probably last week. I also think Salford would have objected to delaying the game from the easter monday.Why should any club have fixture conjestion because we cant get a few dates set out.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

The interview with Ian Lenagan about the Salford fixture was as informative as possible. Of course it could just a smokescreen, but far more likely it could also be a true explanation of the issues.

We have a sense of paranoia after a play off game some years back that had to go to Widnes because of fixture congestion. But that was as much due to Warriors' failure to book the stadium. On balance I believe Mr Lenagan is telling it like it is, and not therefore keeping us in the dark.
The bit that Wigan Warriors can't control is the lack of sympathy from the RFL and Sky for their schedules, and sometimes it's a problem.

"kept int dark" is right that it's not up to the RFL to go through Latics' fixtures, but the dates of availability and non availability are supplied to the RFL long before a fixture list is drawn up.
The late Kick off on Easter Monday is unfortunate, but the best option given the fixture congestion.

So let's not use inconvenient times and fixture movement as a feeble excuse to blame "them" and cop out of attending.

I shall be there. A true supporter does just that - supports, and finds a way to be there come hell or high water.
Stevethegas