Can we win anything without Micky Mac and/or Sam T

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Can we win anything without Micky Mac and/or Sam T

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Lockers out as well.....!!
Not for a long time though. I think the starting 13 referred to includes Lockers as it has done up to now.

So the point the o/p made stands in my view We have a few long term injuries, Isa, Joel, Sam and Dom and MM but given MM is out for the season only Sam has the potential to add something extra to the side and that assumes he can find form after his injury.

We really do need to add a number 9. The returning players will add depth but I think we will run out of steam if we don't and it puts too much pressure on Lockers.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I think we will see a different Joel this season!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree TBW.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Is Piggy Riddell a available? :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

By the time Sam is back, if Lewis progressed how he has been, what do people the about playing Sam at hooker ?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Really pleased with the effort last night and the four from four so far this season. Lots of us think we're doing well considering the injury situation but I also feel that there are only two players out that would make a big difference to our starting 13 i.e. Micky and Sam. Joel, Willie and Dom would all strengthen the squad but don't offer much more than the players starting at present.
I agree. If we are right then I think we need to look to sign a hooker. Maybe look down under for a player who is older and wants a year or so in the UK. We have to do something because I am not convinced the team can cope without MM all season nor that Sam will be a revelation.
I agree with Dave on this occasion. Sam Powell doing a good job but we need cover at hooker. I believe Josh Ganson is set to be our 'next big thing' but he's at least one season too young.
As for Sam, let's take our blinkers off. How many times in 2013 was he pulled out around 7.30 once all tickets were sold? Decent 2014 for NZW by all accounts and injured most of 2015!

And who is Willie??

With all the smoke and mirrors that goes on with Wigan and injuries i will be amazed if Sam is back in May .

Cant' believe a word that comes out of Wigan at times. Really dont know why they cant be more upfront with the fans on all subjects at times .

My best hope is he is available for the play off's .

Regards , EW

2002 and EW is hooked
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

WiganWarrior wrote:By the time Sam is back, if Lewis progressed how he has been, what do people the about playing Sam at hooker ?
Why move Sam away from his best position to player a position he has never played, won't be as effective and also doesn't have the defending ability?

Moving Smith or Williams to 9 and Sam to 6 would make a lot more sense.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

WiganWarrior wrote:By the time Sam is back, if Lewis progressed how he has been, what do people the about playing Sam at hooker ?
Not a chance. A better alternative and not one I would choose would be Williams/Smith at 9, Sam at half.