Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
RJ

Re: Charnley

Post by RJ »

Disgusted that we've failed to keep such a top player.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

RJ wrote:Disgusted that we've failed to keep such a top player.
Me too! Again! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote:http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... 1&o=997916

I posted this originally in the Rumour Mill 10th October 2015!!

Think the club has made a balls up of a players contract talks again!! :(

We are letting another of our older experienced players leave the club, again!! :(

Surely the news could have waited until after Friday's game!
i'm not happy about this, but is it to be expected?

2015 was a poor season for Charnley, but the media statements and being dropped at the earliest opportunity every time he got in last year can not have helped especially if the negotiations have been going on over a year.

it may be a lifestyle choice on Charnleys front he did state in the media he didnt want to play for any other rugby league but Wigan, but im presuming (not knowing) that he will be on more money at sale.

How much involvement in this has Paul Deacon had?

and for a rant part:

how come we struggle to keep players long term? Leeds some how manage it, i'm hating seeing players like O'loughlin becoming the exception to the rule.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
doc

Post by doc »

Caboosegg wrote:
josie andrews wrote:http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... 1&o=997916

I posted this originally in the Rumour Mill 10th October 2015!!

Think the club has made a balls up of a players contract talks again!! :(

We are letting another of our older experienced players leave the club, again!! :(

Surely the news could have waited until after Friday's game!
i'm not happy about this, but is it to be expected?

2015 was a poor season for Charnley, but the media statements and being dropped at the earliest opportunity every time he got in last year can not have helped especially if the negotiations have been going on over a year.

it may be a lifestyle choice on Charnleys front he did state in the media he didnt want to play for any other rugby league but Wigan, but im presuming (not knowing) that he will be on more money at sale.

How much involvement in this has Paul Deacon had?

and for a rant part:

how come we struggle to keep players long term? Leeds some how manage it, i'm hating seeing players like O'loughlin becoming the exception to the rule.
I reckon the truth of how Leeds manage to keep their players happy may come out when Salford go before the RFL for their salary cap breach. MK always said he was going to break the cap in the same way that some of the other clubs do (guessing Leeds and Wire). IFL always said that Wigan under him would be squeaky clean wrt the salary cap after we got caught out during the DW years.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

It's sad that let's face it a smaller club can attract and take away one of our players it may well be just for money though I'm not convinced.
I look at the Leeds side and though we may say our players are better (bias) they seem to have held onto the core players for ten years, they are now rebuilding but they have had a realy good period.
We have lost some very good players in this period and if we had managed to keep them I imagine we would have dominated. We have in this time lost a full back line of players that we would have liked to keep....
1.Tomkins
2.Charnley
3.Sarge
4.Thornley
5.Burgess
It's tough going.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Ken wrote:What do we have to do to keep Charnley at Wigan, lost to many top class player already.get your hand in your pocket mr chairman .

Is this the same Charnley who many on this website and the social media were saying was no longer good enough?

You can hardly blame Mr Chairman if that helped to convinced any player to leave, especially when now, there is more money in Union or the NRL.

Times have changed in Rugby where money is concerned and time that some faced up to the fact that our game no longer has the clout it use to have in attracting or even keeping players, especially when there is a salary cap.

In Charnley's case, good luck to him!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Ken wrote:What do we have to do to keep Charnley at Wigan, lost to many top class player already.get your hand in your pocket mr chairman .

Is this the same Charnley who many on this website and the social media were saying was no longer good enough?

You can hardly blame Mr Chairman if that helped to convinced any player to leave, especially when now, there is more money in Union or the NRL.

Times have changed in Rugby where money is concerned and time that some faced up to the fact that our game no longer has the clout it use to have in attracting or even keeping players, especially when there is a salary cap.

In Charnley's case, good luck to him!
interestingly the sale chairman said his wages wouldn't be costing a lot.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
DaveO wrote: No, I think he has just simply regained his form after his injury and being dropped last season.

As I said on another thread recently where he was discussed, class is permanent, form is temporary.

He was also apparently a donkey who has lost his pace. So not sure how he managed to make it the length of the pitch last night.
I exaggerate to make the point but it just shows what nonsense is posted at times as there was no evidence he had.
You think he is as fast as was Dave, as agile? as light stepping?
No he is not. Then again which winger is going to maintain his speed when the modern way is to get them to make hard yards through the opposition's forwards when coming out of our own 22?
phild==I liked Josh when he had his rugby head on but he faded in and out of the game.top wingers cannot do this.he will however be able to go walk about in the other code,a lot more time to day dream.having said that sorry to see him go.best of luck lad....
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

On his current form Josh will be a miss to Wigan.

I know I won't be liked for saying this, but I will again anyway, how much of his form has been to secure his so called mega deal with Sale Sharks.
Trust his good form will continue till the end of the season, Barring injury.