East Stand.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tom_McCooey

East Stand.

Post by Tom_McCooey »

There were thousands of you going home 10 mins berfore the end. Maybe there was in the South stand as well, (obviously I couldn't see that), but the East struck me in particular. On the last home game of the season it is especially disgraceful.
Wigan 'til I die.
WiganWarrior

Re: East Stand.

Post by WiganWarrior »

I like to agree with that i think most people stayed to clap the team. With 10mins left the game was definatly lost.

I hope you prepare for the backlash from other people, saying fans chose to leave when they want, they pay there money they can do what they want. Also some people have reasons for leaving early whether we are winning or not.

Theres most of the explainations covered we have had this discussion alot
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Tom_McCooey posted:
There were thousands of you going home 10 mins berfore the end. Maybe there was in the South stand as well, (obviously I couldn't see that), but the East struck me in particular. On the last home game of the season it is especially disgraceful.
Well as always I stayed until the end but a couple of rows in front of me two blokes left with about 10 mins to go. One a Wigan fan, one a Saints fan.

I left right on the hooter as I have along drive to Chester and getting out of the car park quickly can save half an hour stuck in a traffic jam.

Someone said are you not staying to clap them off and I thought, well perhaps I should but then sod it, the worst season since 1979 isn't worth being stuck in traffic for.

Dave
Leyland-Warrior

Post by Leyland-Warrior »

All the real loyal fans stayed and a few more than usual, people can do what they like, the team do seem to appreciate it tho.I was a bit later home than usual and missed a couple of pints but so what...Crap results this season ...but atmosphere getting better in East Stand bodes well for next year. even Stains fans left early from East andNorth stands
Drink until I die, drink until I die, I know I will, I,m sure I will drink until I die.....
willie c

Post by willie c »

DaveO posted:
Tom_McCooey posted:
Well as always I stayed until the end but a couple of rows in front of me two blokes left with about 10 mins to go. One a Wigan fan, one a Saints fan.

I left right on the hooter as I have along drive to Chester and getting out of the car park quickly can save half an hour stuck in a traffic jam.

Someone said are you not staying to clap them off and I thought, well perhaps I should but then sod it, the worst season since 1979 isn't worth being stuck in traffic for.

Dave
we travel from cumbria every week and always stay and clap them off what ever the result but i suppose ever one is different
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It was good of the players to come and shake the fans hands yesterday too. They should do that more often, at Saints they do it every game I've noticed when at KR.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

robjoenz posted:
It was good of the players to come and shake the fans hands yesterday too. They should do that more often, at Saints they do it every game I've noticed when at KR.
Yeah, definately, and I do appreciate some people have to leave early anyway, but not so many of you. I just feel pride in staying throughout regardless, as a few times this season it has been all we've had. Anyway, well done to all the extra people who came this season, but let's have more next seaoson, it's wishful thinking, but a 20,000 average next year would be sweet.
Imagine what pre-season training with Ian will do for us, and I'd like the Challenge cup on the sideboard, especially as it's Wembley, and we've not been champions for too long as well. So all 3 cups/shield would be great, and then Manly would win the NRL and we'd play them at Bolton or somewhere and win 8-2 and be world champions. yeah. I feel better since I slept last night off. I was in an awful mood as I had to get the 362 home, with all the Stains fans on it being themselves. grrr.
Wigan 'til I die.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sorry tom the south was empty to me the east was still full :blush: at the end of the game but you get that at home games last game or not,lets see what happens next week at huddersfield think the fans who travell to away matches will stay till the end,and give the boyz a big send off :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
sorry tom the south was empty to me the east was still full :blush: at the end of the game but you get that at home games last game or not
The centre part of the East stand was full at the end, but that's where all us season ticket holders are and we're daft enough to turn up every game no matter how well we're playing so we're always going to stay to cheer the lads off. People were leaving from the other stands as well, not only the east. What's the betting most of the walkers, from east, west and south stands, were the hangers' on who've not been to a game since Good Friday? A lot of folk only go to Wigan vs Saints matches, and they're of little concern to me if they're not prepared to support the team through the whole season.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Very good point, and it is true that none of us walk at away games.
Wigan 'til I die.