Tonight V Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tonight V Warrington

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i'm spartacus wrote: In the games where are forwards are on top, they do get the big long yardage returns. Against HKR we had 5 forwards over 100 metres with Bateman at 164. As I've said numerous times, stats are not the whole story, but they are indicative of performance, and on the reading of stats for the forwards v Wire it was a very poor performance. I also don't think anyone who watched the game needs cold hard stats to tell them that.

I accept that in Sims and Hill, wire have the two of the best props in SL and they are always going to be hard to contain, but our forwards made no real impact
Cp makes a good point though most teams use their forwards to make yardage in their own quarter unless there aren't any around we always use our 3/4 regardless we use our forwards 10m from the try line :conf:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
i'm spartacus wrote: In the games where are forwards are on top, they do get the big long yardage returns. Against HKR we had 5 forwards over 100 metres with Bateman at 164. As I've said numerous times, stats are not the whole story, but they are indicative of performance, and on the reading of stats for the forwards v Wire it was a very poor performance. I also don't think anyone who watched the game needs cold hard stats to tell them that.

I accept that in Sims and Hill, wire have the two of the best props in SL and they are always going to be hard to contain, but our forwards made no real impact
Cp makes a good point though most teams use their forwards to make yardage in their own quarter unless there aren't any around we always use our 3/4 regardless we use our forwards 10m from the try line :conf:
You think that Wane has the battle plan upside down? :)
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:With respect to Wane, I think that like Rogers at Liverpool he has taken the team as far as he is capable of taking it with the players he has in the squad. However, for me we have not got the right blend of top class experienced players and emerging Academy players like Leeds have had in recent seasons. In fact I think we have too much concentration on youth and not enough on top class experience. Having said that, perhaps the blame might lie more with Leneghan than Wane.

As for the game against Warrington, it is no good saying that we competed with them in the second half because by then the damaged had been done in the first half by their superior half backs and I for one always got the impression that Warrington if required could have stepped up a gear if we got close to them in the score. Supporters should also to note that this season they have like Leeds recruited some new quality players and they may not have gelled fully yet. Gidley for example sure knew near the end of the game how to soak up time and take the pressure off them by keep kicking the ball into touch and creating a scrum in our part of the field as he could see that Hick was slow in stopping the clock.
Very much agree with most of this Whelley.
I put Friday down as a level to aim for +1, players missing or not.
After they scored first there was only going to be one result.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
OJ

Post by OJ »

They are claiming the score flattered us so I do hope we will have a fully fit squad for when we go to their place in a few weeks time :eusa10:

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/spo ... ut_Sandow/
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

You'd have thought they'd won the Grand Final the way some of the Bell Ends on RLfans are going on
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

To all teams that beat Wigan Warriors no matter how important or not the game is, it's always like a Grand Final and/or a Challenge Cup Final to them ????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

Interesting that the plaudits in that article are led by the guy who used to be a touch judge and trainer of same. He won a Heart and Sole of Rugby League Award last autumn at the Wolves man of steel night and hates Wigan with a passion - probably all those years of winning nothing really.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.