WE WERE PATHETIC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rugbynelly

WE WERE PATHETIC

Post by rugbynelly »

That was a shoking performance from wigan tonight, there was a lack of support when we did make the few half/full breaks and our kikcing game was very poor.
We'll have to do better against warrington on a SUNDAY if were going to win that match.
theres only 1 team in wigan
Deltic3

Re: WE WERE PATHETIC

Post by Deltic3 »

It says something about our performance when the man of the match was on the bench for the best part of 40 mins.

I hope that Stuart has them all in training in the morning as they didn't work tonight.

Worst Performance sine the Grand Final!!
warrior

Post by warrior »

quite agree. i dont think we have played well for the past few games. beaten by huddersfield through lack of enthusiasm, only just got past london and now tonight. carnt really afford another loss at warington
pie8er4eva
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

oh boy.. wern`t we??
first half, mate.. i felt like going home!! LOL
but stuck it out & hoped..

we were bad, i still say that all this controversy regarding raper etc will & is affecting the team.. the way it was done was all wrong on everyones part.. still no excuse for the first 40 last night, terrible.... i`m just gonna watch it back on tape.. see if we really did play that bad??

lets just hope tonight was a blip...otherwise we can kiss the GF goodbye,
Elaine

Post by Elaine »

Dont know what was up with Shaun Brisco, but he was sadley missed tonight for his backing up alone, Hodgson is no full back he was out of position most of the night when the kicks came through, and what was O;loughlin doing poor Kev Brown was left isolated when the kicks came down, while o'loughlin strolled back, I think Stuart must have a word in his ear at half time as he did get stuck in to the tackles, but I still ask myself would he get in the team if he were not Farrel's brother in law, I think not!
Kev

Post by Kev »

IMO, I didn't use to think Hodgson was any good at all.
Last night I thought his defence was crap but his attack was brilliant.
I know I will get slated for this but I think Kev Brown looks like Bambi sometimes (all legs and lost).
Again I stand to be corrected I think early this season we would have been crap without the youngsters but I think their lack of SL experience is showing even though they are putting in 100% every game.
Having said this I don't know how we are going to be the same force we were in the 80's
jackman88

Post by jackman88 »

Having said this I don't know how we are going to be the same force we were in the 80's[/quote]I dont think we're ever gonna be able to create a team as good as the one in 80's simply because of the salary. IMO this is great because you now get 6 teams competing for the grand final instead of just the 2 or 3. However I think in 2 or 3 years time we will be a force to be reckoned with when the likes of aspinwall, wild and brown have really matured both mentally and physically.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Im refusing to believe that we lost that game :( I cant believe how bad we were first half, we just didnt look bothered about it at all, however there were patches second half that we did well in......I dont think they like being comfortably in third position, good result today for us though
Anyway some of you on here are talking like we've thrown it all away already, we've still got a good few matches left yet and the top 6 have still got to play each other at some point so anything could happen. We just need to keep the faith!!!!!!
What happened to Gf winners 2003?!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!