ddttff

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Nezza Faz

Re: ddttff

Post by Nezza Faz »

Can't really disagree with what you say, dddtf.

Regarding tomorrow, it's ok getting a couple of prop forwards back , and every side needs that go forward, but much more important in the current circumstances, is the need for that skill pack and ability in the backs to reward the forwards hard work with tries. And at present with our inside backs and halves in meltdown, I can't see us scoring enough points around the rest of the field, to actually win a game (against anyone, at the moment).

We urgently need the likes of Lockers, Williams, Manfredi, Gelling and Sam to raise our hopes again, as these long term injuries are going to make the second half of the season very difficult, unless they return fit and in form, from the word go.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote:I said that Smith cannot place kick, cannot line kick, cannot pass and cannot tackle. He never draws the defence on to him before passing thus committing the defence and getting the ball out wide. but he is a Nice lad.
Ohhh and he has no pace, I will now wait to be battered by the Smith fans, & don't be surprised if George Williams is out for a while yet.

What I meant to say was we need a halfback.

Ohhhh and we need a place kicker, its a bit like Man United without a striker, and wondering why they don't get goals.
Posts being removed for telling the truth, what is the world coming to! It's interesting to note that senior figures within the club are starting to agree with you.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Posts being removed for telling the truth, what is the world coming to! It's interesting to note that senior figures within the club are starting to agree with you.
Two moderators & the sites administrator have all said they didn't remove the post!

In fact not one of us had seen it!

And, as I stated in my earlier reply, I always contact the poster if I have moved, merged or deleted a thread!

BTW, check your inbox! :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
deancartwright1990

Post by deancartwright1990 »

Argued against a friend that has slated Smith, and in the first few games i said he is steady and we are winning but everything i read in the earlier post about goal kicking, oplace kicking and not taking the line on to bring the defence in wards, thus creating space out wide is bang on!!! Starting to lose patience with Smith and our playing style as well.

No wonder we have no space out wide when our seven has a blocker runs across and fires a pass out wide without committing any defenders.

Quality in the half backs is needed badly but Smith has a few years left on his deal, IL isnt going to pay out 200,000- 300,000, at least, to Smith to release him from his contract.

Lets face it we have him on our books for this season and two more. Last person's contract i could not wait to expire was good ole David Vaeliki
markill

Post by markill »

I get where the IL is cheap mind set comes from based on a lot of our signings and failed resignings.

However, he also isn't afraid to make calls that mean spending some money. Transfer fees have been paid for people like Green, Taylor and I think even Smith. So it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that some severance deal would be struck with Smith if it came to it for the sake of the team. I think the bigger stumbling block is Wane who backs Smith in a big way it appears.

It's taken me some time but I've got to the end of my patience with Smith. The odd match-winning performance in awful conditions doesn't cut it when he can't show any ability to step up when the team needs a senior creative/organising presence out of him. With other leadership players around him and more sparky players like Williams, Bowen or Sam T, then he's a really good role player who helps the team. I think at his age, experience and seeming seniority in the squad he needs to be consistently more than a role player.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote:I said that Smith cannot place kick, cannot line kick, cannot pass and cannot tackle. He never draws the defence on to him before passing thus committing the defence and getting the ball out wide. but he is a Nice lad.
Ohhh and he has no pace, I will now wait to be battered by the Smith fans, & don't be surprised if George Williams is out for a while yet.

What I meant to say was we need a halfback.

Ohhhh and we need a place kicker, its a bit like Man United without a striker, and wondering why they don't get goals.
No argument from me been saying this for seasons and don't care about the smith love in brigade. Also if I was Williams I would be injured all season can't make you look ordinary from treatment room.You only need to look at league table points scored to know something is badly wrong.