Wigan versus Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Wigan versus Warrington

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Why would Wane be worried; IL will never sack him. To be honest he may even reward seasons of failure with a new contract.
No trophies this year he has to go!!
He won't TB and that is part of the problem. IL and Rads will never sack Wane and there is zero pressure on him.
There should always be pressure on a coach to improve even if they win things!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Wigan ex coach Maguire is under threat of being sacked mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Played our best rugby under Maguire wonder if he is missing the Pies and Vimpto

Rads in Australia on a busman`s holiday mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

So a team cannot play good rugby with injuries?
Good rugby is down to tactics( coaching) IMO
Having injuries may stop us competing 100%,but it doesnt stop us forgetting how to play the game.
Tony smith is a top coach.He gets his team defence to charge our forwards and also he knows which players to pinpoint when we do set plays
We are a very fit team but players like tierney,sarge and gildart should not be making the hard yards in our 25
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

ddtftf wrote:Wigan ex coach Maguire is under threat of being sacked mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Played our best rugby under Maguire wonder if he is missing the Pies and Vimpto

Rads in Australia on a busman`s holiday mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
.....tease!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Firestarter wrote:So a team cannot play good rugby with injuries?
Good rugby is down to tactics( coaching) IMO
Having injuries may stop us competing 100%,but it doesnt stop us forgetting how to play the game.
Tony smith is a top coach.He gets his team defence to charge our forwards and also he knows which players to pinpoint when we do set plays
We are a very fit team but players like tierney,sarge and gildart should not be making the hard yards in our 25
Good rugby is down to good players but a good coach can take that to a new level!! I am not sure any top coach could take a pub team and make them a quality team, he could improve them slightly but they will always have limits, pretty much like the squad players filing in now!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

You're missing the point tbw.
I'm on about good rugby and lack of basic mistakes.
I myself didn't expect a win but sometimes you have to play a bit of rugby.
We never bombed russell(who's a nightmare under the high ball)
We never tried a chip n chase( wire were charging our defence all game)
We never tried a miss ot pass once( all game)

Just seen wane's interview and I'm wondering where his positives are coming from
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

[i]average - noun - definition of:[/i]

1. amount to or achieve as an average rate or amount over a period of time; mean.

Please add in your own meaning from this choice :

4. Dan Sarginson; 2. Josh Charnley, 3. Anthony Gelling, 20. Oliver Gildart, 22. Lewis Tierney; 27. Nick Gregson, 7. Matty Smith; 15. Tony Clubb, 16. Sam Powell, 17. Lee Mossop; 14. John Bateman, 25. Willie Isa; 21. Ryan Sutton

e.g I'll start or kick-off with Isa?

A&L(just like Belfast!)
TrueBlueWarrior

Firestarter wrote:You're missing the point tbw.

Just seen wane's interview and I'm wondering where his positives are coming from
I have already said we played awful and maybe that's because some of the players simply aren't good enough and not just about poor coaching!
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

The way we have scraped through games recently i dont think anyone should be surprised at that result tonight against a team who has aspirations of winning super league and as Tony Smith said in his interview they should have been confident of winning. The only reason we are so high up is that the standard of Super league is poor and that we have played majority of our matches up to now at home.Injuries are killing us at the moment but so is the coach. We played the same way last season and in the big games we were found out. Our away form was poor and we made the Grand Final thanks to our home form. The squad needed to be tweaked at the beginning of the season with a little bit of quality and a new coach brought in to freshen things up. Shaun should have been man enough to say its time for a change. Its too late for this season and we just have to get on with it and hope when Sam is fit that our attack improves because we have proved we can defend with the best. May is going to be a testing time if we dont get our best 17 out. Finger crossed.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote:You're missing the point tbw.

I have already said we played awful and maybe that's because some of the players simply aren't good enough and not just about poor coaching!
So subbing by the clock and not taking players off who are playing garbage IS good coaching?

Deciding Powell is our hooker for 80 minute is good coaching? Going into a competition with inexperienced players in key position is good coaching? He did the same last season in the centres. We had three, one injured and he ended up with Bateman and Gildart playing there out of necessity.

It's as clear as day the current team can't execute the gameplan but if that is so, it is no use sitting back and saying "look, its the players!" If you are the coach you need to recognise this and change things. Wane can't or won't and DOES blame poor execution all the time.