WANE ,S

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
menpond

WANE ,S

Post by menpond »

Still a trainee. Given his public statements on Mcguires failings,has he no shame?
mp
Wandering Warrior

Re: WANE ,S

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wane "we are a detailed team and tonight there was no detail. I wished they'd beat us by more, we were miles off."
What's all that about?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Wane "we are a detailed team and tonight there was no detail. I wished they'd beat us by more, we were miles off."
What's all that about?
Just demonstrating there is thin air between his ears.
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Is Wane on a rolling 1 year contract? Got to be on his way after this year. This is bloody awful. Wigan haven't been this bad since Jimmy Hornby.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Think he's another 12 months after this season, and he won't be going anywhere.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Wane "we are a detailed team and tonight there was no detail. I wished they'd beat us by more, we were miles off."
What's all that about?
The bit you missed off that quote is the first bit. "They're far bigger than us, .."

Wane identified lack if size as an issue a while back if I am not mistaken. So he goes and recruits Isa....
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Immediate action required, we are not good enough but worst still we are bloody boring. In the past you had to earn the Wigan shirt now the only way you don't make the team is if you are injured. A lot of players played poorly tonight, some have played poorly for a while but continue to be picked.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

I get the impression that Wane thinks if you train well, run hard, tackle hard and play with enthusiasm you will win the game. We are running the same plays now as we was 4 years ago, and not running them as well. We have not even stagnated, we have declined in terms of skill levels on display. Opponents can train all week knowing full well what we will do. We are too structured, and one of the reasons Bateman is so good is because he plays what he sees/feels rather than just sticking to the shape of the shift play we over use.
We are so limited regarding ideas in attack. My hope is that the relevant person/people are held to account at the end of this season rather than continually blaming the players.
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

The thing that upsets me the most is the constant lack of discipline. Time and time again we give away stupid penalties - often on the fifth tackle - and so often they lead to tries for the opposition (twice in five minutes last night). Why are we still so dumb - it has been going on ever since S.W. took over the team - coincidence?

We are clueless and lose composure inside the 20 yd line - we are fine up to then, then lose the plot. Why? Who is doing the actual coaching these days? Since we lost Deacon and Harris, we've looked as though we are going through the motions and lose direction at crucial times.

Very, very disappointing given the players we have - no more excuses - this team needs to play to it's potential.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am taking a break for a while. Wane is killing Wigan and it depresses me. He isvtruly clueless and thinks his Uncle Shaun act with the players = success.It never has and never will!