WANE ,S

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: WANE ,S

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Wane "we are a detailed team and tonight there was no detail. I wished they'd beat us by more, we were miles off."
What's all that about?
The bit you missed off that quote is the first bit. "They're far bigger than us, .."

Wane identified lack if size as an issue a while back if I am not mistaken. So he goes and recruits Isa....
Has Wane got one eye on the time of the reduction in player interchanges.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Wane "we are a detailed team and tonight there was no detail. I wished they'd beat us by more, we were miles off."
What's all that about?
The bit you missed off that quote is the first bit. "They're far bigger than us, .."

Wane identified lack if size as an issue a while back if I am not mistaken. So he goes and recruits Isa....

Will this, if it comes in, make a great deal of difference? Hull dominated us in the pack for 60 minutes and it was good enough for 28 points.

In any case it doesn't apply now and we need jam today not tomorrow. Other teams are just as likely to adapt if the rules change but have put sides together that suit the way the game is played now.
Panchitta Marra

DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: The bit you missed off that quote is the first bit. "They're far bigger than us, .."

Will this, if it comes in, make a great deal of difference? Hull dominated us in the pack for 60 minutes and it was good enough for 28 points.

In any case it doesn't apply now and we need jam today not tomorrow. Other teams are just as likely to adapt if the rules change but have put sides together that suit the way the game is played now.
Wasn't saying this as a positive for Wane as I've been on the fence a long time with this bloke just watching the side weaken as seasons progress.
I'm off the fence now, thinking that he has to go for the good of the club and it's progression.
Sad, but that's how he makes me feel.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

JJ wrote:Lennigan will not get rid of Wane because he doesn't spend Lennigans money.
He just keeps bringing his cost free boys in.
Don't get me wrong I love that we bring in the boys but he's fetched in to many to soon and the experience players can't guid them as some aren't capable of doing this.
Please Mr Lennigan get rid before we end up relegated. :(
Yeah because if your owner is prepared to throw the pounds around it works, just see Salford as a shining example. Salary cap = handicap.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

The booze hound wrote:
JJ wrote:Lennigan will not get rid of Wane because he doesn't spend Lennigans money.
He just keeps bringing his cost free boys in.
Don't get me wrong I love that we bring in the boys but he's fetched in to many to soon and the experience players can't guid them as some aren't capable of doing this.
Please Mr Lennigan get rid before we end up relegated. :(
Yeah because if your owner is prepared to throw the pounds around it works, just see Salford as a shining example. Salary cap = handicap.
Whenever someone quotes spending money on a team they usually use Salford as an example. You are incorrect to do this.

Salford's owner is Marwan Koukash, a wealthy business man with virtually NO knowledge of Rugby League. He saw Salford as an investment and relied heavily on people advising him. THEY were responsible for his money being wasted on out-of-date coaches, players who were at retirement stage or players who simply were not good enough or capable enough of performing at any level of SL!

His money was wasted and squandered by rl people who abused his naivety. They saw an "open chequebook" and took him for all that they could

Koukash took responsibility for his mistakes and took a greater day to day interest in the running of the club. Appointed Tim Sheens to bring a professional and organised long term approach to making Salford how the owner envisaged. Time will tell if that is ever achieved BUT to accuses clubs of failing because they spend money on quality players is the most ridiculous and inane comment I have ever read on here
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
I totally agree with that as I've said it myself on here before.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I think Wane has an ego too big to bring in the big name players even if he did have the money.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Panchitta Marra

East Stand Faithful wrote:I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
Not sure this is the full issue as Leneghan does not train and select attacking structures which have been a worsening issue since Madge departed.
jimmybob2006

Post by jimmybob2006 »

Trouble with wane is he his like van gall at man united.
Same excuses every week,statements that don't make sense,everyone else's fault, bar his coaching.
Oh and DELUDED.????