Rose Tinters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Rose Tinters

Post by ian.birchall »

The booze hound wrote:
georgeorwell wrote:Men v/s boys last night. This is a very good Hull team; quality players showing skill and commitment. I think they will definitely be in the mix come the end of the season.
Agreed. But the sad thing is this Hull team couldn't hold a candle to the Wigan of 3+ years ago. We have gone backwards as much as they have progressed. Something needs to change before it becomes terminal decline.
By my count Hull who have scrapped their individual 'reserve,' side and play a combined city side with Hull KR now have 8 players from Australasia. Where is the future for British RL in that?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ian.birchall wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
georgeorwell wrote:Men v/s boys last night. This is a very good Hull team; quality players showing skill and commitment. I think they will definitely be in the mix come the end of the season.
Agreed. But the sad thing is this Hull team couldn't hold a candle to the Wigan of 3+ years ago. We have gone backwards as much as they have progressed. Something needs to change before it becomes terminal decline.
By my count Hull who have scrapped their individual 'reserve,' side and play a combined city side with Hull KR now have 8 players from Australasia. Where is the future for British RL in that?
The same can be said about Catalans. Perhaps mistakenly I thought the idea of having a French side in Superleague was to develop French rugby league, I refuse to say rugby a treize, and improve the image of international rugby league and yes Les Cats are much stronger this season but they are regularly playing 10 non French players each week.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

ian.birchall wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
The booze hound wrote: Agreed. But the sad thing is this Hull team couldn't hold a candle to the Wigan of 3+ years ago. We have gone backwards as much as they have progressed. Something needs to change before it becomes terminal decline.
The same can be said about Catalans. Perhaps mistakenly I thought the idea of having a French side in Superleague was to develop French rugby league, I refuse to say rugby a treize, and improve the image of international rugby league and yes Les Cats are much stronger this season but they are regularly playing 10 non French players each week.
Good point.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ian.birchall wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
The booze hound wrote: Agreed. But the sad thing is this Hull team couldn't hold a candle to the Wigan of 3+ years ago. We have gone backwards as much as they have progressed. Something needs to change before it becomes terminal decline.
The point you are missing regarding Catalan is that they have never been allowed to field an U19 academy side on that competition until this year, so their young players haven't really had a competition to develop in. This season however they are unbeaten so lets give them a bit more time. It's the majority of greedy Superleague clubs who refused to fund travel to France that has thwarted their progress. I exempt Wigan, Saints and Leeds from that statement btw