WANE ,S

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tuigamala

Re: WANE ,S

Post by Tuigamala »

butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
I totally agree with that as I've said it myself on here before.
So why then do you claim Scott Taylor left simply because he supported Hull as a lad in another thread?

Stop with your constant misinformation about his circumstances Josie. You constantly tell us all that your are "in the ear" of the players so how about you ask Scott himself, in person? He is a decent bloke, no pretensions and if you ask a simple question will not give you a fobbed off excuse. So ask him!!!

After Taylor's first season at Wigan was so good, Wigan decided to offer a new contract. The problem was that the club added an extra year BUT at almost half his money. He refused to sign. Wigan then placed him on the "outer" and he ended up at Salford for a season seeing out the last year of his contract.

Taylor is a professional player and plays for whomever offers the most money (and also chance of success of course).

Wigan now have the attitude that playing for Wigan should mean more than money - hence why players are leaving as they are doing. They are being offered lower wages.

Josh the latest!!!!
Butt Face, Scott Taylor left Wigan because he supports Hull and all his family support Hull and his family wanted to move back to Hull. Nothing more to it this is common knowledge. There's no conspiracy of being offered half wages. Wigan wanted to keep him and took the option on his final year to block the move for a further 12 months hoping he may change his mind but it backfired and he ended up at Salford on loan to stem his negative attitude spreading through the Wigan camp. If you can't see that's what happened there then you need to get your head tested.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Only glad that you are not running my financial affairs if you think that today, our game can now compete with the more money and higher media profile of the present day Union and NRL.
Do you ever bother to read anything before you reply? Where have I said I think the game can compete financially with Union or the NRL?

Which bit of if you offer players less money you are inviting them to leave passed you by?

I am making the points that it is not always about money (or players like Lockers would be long gone) and in this particular case Wigan supposedly offered less money to two players, one of whom went to another SL side not Union or the NRL.
Charnley is not leaving Wigan because of being offered any lower contract, but because apart from him getting a bigger contract in Union and possible higher profile International selection, he also sees the the chance of mixing with more celebrities from the world of television and films which from what I understand he already has been involved with on occasions.
How do you know why he's leaving? Have you asked him? Has he told you? I know for a fact Sale have said they aren't paying him silly money.

How do you know if he hadn't been publicly slagged off in the press by his coach he'd not have been happy to stay for a decent contract?

And this "he also sees the the chance of mixing with more celebrities from the world of television and films which from what I understand he already has been involved with on occasions" is laughable.

He is well out of it given the way he has been treated and if I were him, I'd have been looking to leave after his treatment by Wane and the club.

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Maybe he means it in the other sence of the word:

detail noun (GROUP)
› [C, + sing/pl verb] a group of people who have been given a particular task
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Pem Pie Eater

Post by Pem Pie Eater »

There are a few things wrong with Wigan at the moment and it boils down to Wane.

Theres a handful of players that shouldnt even be wearing that shirt but playing them out of position is down to him. Bateman at centre is a waste. Everytime he plays as a forward he gets MoM.

We need to buy a decent half back Smith is a back up hooker at best just not good enough.

And as for not practicing our attack its only down to the fact Wane is clueless. What does a forward know about creativeness an plays.

The team has been going downhill for 3/4 years.

Way we are playing we will be lucky get in top 8s never mind top 4
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Only glad that you are not running my financial affairs if you think that today, our game can now compete with the more money and higher media profile of the present day Union and NRL.
Do you ever bother to read anything before you reply? Where have I said I think the game can compete financially with Union or the NRL?

Which bit of if you offer players less money you are inviting them to leave passed you by?

I am making the points that it is not always about money (or players like Lockers would be long gone) and in this particular case Wigan supposedly offered less money to two players, one of whom went to another SL side not Union or the NRL.
Charnley is not leaving Wigan because of being offered any lower contract, but because apart from him getting a bigger contract in Union and possible higher profile International selection, he also sees the the chance of mixing with more celebrities from the world of television and films which from what I understand he already has been involved with on occasions.
How do you know why he's leaving? Have you asked him? Has he told you? I know for a fact Sale have said they aren't paying him silly money.

How do you know if he hadn't been publicly slagged off in the press by his coach he'd not have been happy to stay for a decent contract?

And this "he also sees the the chance of mixing with more celebrities from the world of television and films which from what I understand he already has been involved with on occasions" is laughable.

He is well out of it given the way he has been treated and if I were him, I'd have been looking to leave after his treatment by Wane and the club.

How do know how he has been treated by the club. My knowledge comes from relatives living in Chorley who know a damm sight more about him than someone who lives in Chester. Did you know for example that he has been dating a girl who is in TOWIE and meeting people that you get to meet in the world of Union and Football.

Perhaps getting into those circles has also been a incentive to switch codes as well as more money.

And by the way, if Charnley considers he has been badly treated, it may be the treatment he received from some fans on this website and RL Fans at the end of last season when it was said he was no longer good enough to wear a Wigan shirt.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

thegimble wrote:
ddtftf wrote:PS the best information does`t come from the players, but from the Managers of the players who are in the loop
Players will tell a person anything even if they know its a lie. No player will tell a person the wife is homesick I am going back to Hull.People will believe what they want to. And as for Josh getting less he deserves less not the player he was when you consider he has looked average for the most this season compared to Manfredi this seasn and how Budgie went after his second game last season.
Sorry not true. Players do open up and there wifes. Why would they lie about something in the company of friends. I have been on hundreds of occassions been in the company of many players and families at there/my homes and at other functions and believe it or not we don't talk about rugby all night. They are everyday people like us with the same problems that come up in conversations.I just choose not to share it on a forum. But does not make it untrue or a lie.
SJ

Post by SJ »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Maybe he means it in the other sence of the word:

detail noun (GROUP)
› [C, + sing/pl verb] a group of people who have been given a particular task
Possibly. But whatever it's still not working :D
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
I totally agree with that as I've said it myself on here before.
So why then do you claim Scott Taylor left simply because he supported Hull as a lad in another thread?

Stop with your constant misinformation about his circumstances Josie. You constantly tell us all that your are "in the ear" of the players so how about you ask Scott himself, in person? He is a decent bloke, no pretensions and if you ask a simple question will not give you a fobbed off excuse. So ask him!!!

After Taylor's first season at Wigan was so good, Wigan decided to offer a new contract. The problem was that the club added an extra year BUT at almost half his money. He refused to sign. Wigan then placed him on the "outer" and he ended up at Salford for a season seeing out the last year of his contract.

Taylor is a professional player and plays for whomever offers the most money (and also chance of success of course).

Wigan now have the attitude that playing for Wigan should mean more than money - hence why players are leaving as they are doing. They are being offered lower wages.

Josh the latest!!!!
I don't claim to have the ear of anyone. But for me there is another angle to this argument of because they play for Wigan they should be offered lower wages.imo Some players scott taylor perfect example they could have offered him a queens ransom and he would have still gone to Hull But would have used the money as a anchor for bigger contract with hull. Charnley was always going and on last years form did not deserve an improved contract he as openly said on many occassions he is a farmer first and a rugby player second so in that should be paid accordingly. Or have I got it wrong.
I also thing you are wrong to attack Josie for what she said. She has never claimed to have the ears of players but having been in her company at Wigan players do's she was known by and has the respect of all players young and old and all staff at Wigan I have seen this personally. Regarding the taylor incident IMO she is right he left for personal reason and all the money would not have kept him there. Because if your right about him he would play for any team for the money he would still be at Salford Mr Cash offered him more than Hull well before he signed for them.In fact he had open check book for anyone who would listen.In the same way as Hanson ended up there.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
butt monkey wrote:

Josh the latest!!!!
I don't claim to have the ear of anyone. But for me there is another angle to this argument of because they play for Wigan they should be offered lower wages.imo Some players scott taylor perfect example they could have offered him a queens ransom and he would have still gone to Hull But would have used the money as a anchor for bigger contract with hull. Charnley was always going and on last years form did not deserve an improved contract he as openly said on many occassions he is a farmer first and a rugby player second so in that should be paid accordingly. Or have I got it wrong.
I also thing you are wrong to attack Josie for what she said. She has never claimed to have the ears of players but having been in her company at Wigan players do's she was known by and has the respect of all players young and old and all staff at Wigan I have seen this personally. Regarding the taylor incident IMO she is right he left for personal reason and all the money would not have kept him there. Because if your right about him he would play for any team for the money he would still be at Salford Mr Cash offered him more than Hull well before he signed for them.In fact he had open check book for anyone who would listen.In the same way as Hanson ended up there.
Hear Hear leave Josie alone. BM you are getting too personal with your attacks on her. I normally sit in the background and try to ignore the sniping at each other, but in this case I felt I had to say something
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#