Cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Cas

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We need to be a whole lot better on Thursday otherwise we will get a tonking!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Re: Cas

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I'd take a win in the CC against a loss on Thursday night.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Cas look to be very much in form at the moment but an injury or two will knock them out of step again.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Trick is with Cas is to starve them of field position as much as possible. They aren't the biggest team and I think you can keep them pegged in their own half their free form style doesn't have as much of an impact.

They have though a coach who IMO is the best in the league and I'm sure they will have a plan for us
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Very tough place to go. Lockers injured shouldn't affect us too much as we went on to still give Leeds a good beating so im optimistic with Sam starting to show his class that we can destroy our hoodoo at Cas. Same team that played at Magic with maybe Farrell or Gelling to possibly come back would be perfect. Slowly but surely we are finding some balance again.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I'd take a win in the CC against a loss on Thursday night.
Same here. Going out of the CC early again is not an option!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Trick is with Cas is to starve them of field position as much as possible. They aren't the biggest team and I think you can keep them pegged in their own half their free form style doesn't have as much of an impact.

They have though a coach who IMO is the best in the league and I'm sure they will have a plan for us
Castlefords defence against a much bigger Warrington team was memorable and on the back of players like Gale kicking Wire back into their own 25 concerns me. They seem to play with options, something we're sadly still lacking.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think being tidy around the ruck is key they get a lot of joy breaking out from the ruck with players like mcshane/gale/dorn feeding flying Solomona/Webster etc

Sadly gale I don't feel is a player who goes into his shell if you put him under pressure if anything it seems to spur him on more
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Tuigamala wrote:Very tough place to go. Lockers injured shouldn't affect us too much as we went on to still give Leeds a good beating so im optimistic with Sam starting to show his class that we can destroy our hoodoo at Cas. Same team that played at Magic with maybe Farrell or Gelling to possibly come back would be perfect. Slowly but surely we are finding some balance again.
Neither will be back this week.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards