Re: Disciplinary?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If the offender, whoever he is, is sacked then he will be signed by one of our opponents within days.
I do hope it can be resolved internally and if sanctions are to be used then hopefully it will be fines and community work rather than dismissal which will without question be counter productive.

I wish those dealing with it well, these things can be very difficult indeed.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Well i hope who is involved is given another chance im not condoning whats happened (rumors) but come on these are young lads that allowed Alcohol get the better of them.They are profesional sportsmen and they are needed in the Wigan team .They will know they have let the team/fans down and probably feel like crap dont hang them out to dry im sure theres worst things happened and never been mentioned
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I know how I would handle it and it would be far from someone losing their job!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

God wrote:My biggest concern, take it as you will, is the fact the lad in question has delited all his "Team" photos off a social media site, I call that passive aggressive suggesting the club/players may have hung him out to dry already.

Some of the player tags in photos have also been removed (yes I am a geek/slight stalker) but I love the psychology of it all. And to me its concerning, I'm not condoning the act, far from it, it's a dispicable act and one that carries a prison sentence but it's clearly a mistake, we don't hear of the said player acting the big one on a weekly basis and is renowned around Wigan for being a bell end unlike some players currently in the squad and past players.

We can bang on and on about this until we are blue in the face, but it's the Club who has the final say on the matter and as and when will drip feed us information into the current state of play. There is no point in guessing what the outcome will be, nor will it be beneficial to play devils advocate on the issue either I'm guessing that will come with some fans but we need to stick together and ride this out.

We are the most talked about club at the minute and we are getting sly digged left right and centre, but if Leeds can stick with Hardaker, we can stick with our own surely.
All the pictures I have looked at, if it is the same player, are still intact with comments & he still states he is a Wigan player! :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Suzieb wrote:Well i hope who is involved is given another chance im not condoning whats happened (rumors) but come on these are young lads that allowed Alcohol get the better of them.They are profesional sportsmen and they are needed in the Wigan team .They will know they have let the team/fans down and probably feel like crap dont hang them out to dry im sure theres worst things happened and never been mentioned
Exactly. Not condoning it at all but we are talking young lads and alcohol. We've all been there. And if some of you grown men can't agree on this forum then what hope is there for a team with different personalities, discrepancy in salaries, favouritism etc. This season is proving hard enough as it is.

Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Exactly im afraid if he or they are sacked ive done and certainly wont be renewing my season ticket
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Gym and alcohol? How does that work?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Suzieb wrote:Exactly im afraid if he or they are sacked ive done and certainly wont be renewing my season ticket
I think a lot of people will feel exactly the same.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

All these posts on withdrawing season tickets and so on, are forgetting that the police may still be involved in pressing criminal charges, thus taking the matter completely out of the Club's hands.
Morale within the players' circle must also be considered especially if they feel a great wrong has been committed by one of their own, regardless of their talent or ability, if it is effectively glossed over. And yet the stain remains which can damage our longer term hopes of success.
In law you can't give one player another "life", or chance, just because he's top of his game, yet condemn a second to a serious punishment, just because he's not as good as the above.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Suzieb wrote:Exactly im afraid if he or they are sacked ive done and certainly wont be renewing my season ticket
I don't know how you can say that when you don't know what if anything they have done.Im sure if someone is sacked they will deserve it.