Re: Disciplinary?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
markill

Post by markill »

OJ wrote:I'm not expecting any changes either unless Ryan Sutton is 'rested' following the suggestion that he was due a break last week. I see the WEP sports journo - well known for creating his stories from posts he reads on message boards - is advertising for info on the incidents so he can create the scoop of the year. How low can you go.
I understand your sentiment, but given the arms and legs this has grown and the undoubted level of public interest this story is now getting, why wouldn't you want to be the one that 'breaks' it fully based on actual eye-witness reports or whatever.

There's certainly a clamouring on these pages and everywhere else you look for more information/confirmation on the incidents. If he's just trying to report that then you could argue he's doing his job.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont like the idea of people saying "well if its x player and they get sacked then i wont buy a season ticket" without knowing the facts

That infers that certain players are untouchable regardless of their actions. Wigan should punish any ill behavior, no its not ok for "lads to be lads" these are professionals, its akin to saying an i.t guy can hack someones private bank saying "geeks will be geeks" if its wrong for you or i its wrong for them and should be punished to the same if not greater level.

Ill wait for the full facts before i make my opinion but i expect bad behavior to be punished - just like I would if it was a player at leeds or wire
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I dont like the idea of people saying "well if its x player and they get sacked then i wont buy a season ticket" without knowing the facts

That infers that certain players are untouchable regardless of their actions. Wigan should punish any ill behavior, no its not ok for "lads to be lads" these are professionals, its akin to saying an i.t guy can hack someones private bank saying "geeks will be geeks" if its wrong for you or i its wrong for them and should be punished to the same if not greater level.

Ill wait for the full facts before i make my opinion but i expect bad behavior to be punished - just like I would if it was a player at leeds or wire
Except in the Leeds case the player in question was punished and then awarded the Man of Steel award!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been more on this in the Press. Haven't the tabloids got hold of it? Local TV (I'm not local)?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

It would be interesting to see what amounts of a alcohol the club would allow/recommend the players consume as a respite period (celebration), call it what you like, half way through the Superleague season.
Alcohol in large amounts puts top athletes fitness levels back by weeks, if not months, dependant upon their fitness levels. Are the club not guilty of relaxing controls by allowing players to go on an alcohol fuelled session (bender) which has led to such incidents (allegedly).
OJ

Post by OJ »

markill wrote:
I understand your sentiment, but given the arms and legs this has grown and the undoubted level of public interest this story is now getting, why wouldn't you want to be the one that 'breaks' it fully based on actual eye-witness reports or whatever.

There's certainly a clamouring on these pages and everywhere else you look for more information/confirmation on the incidents. If he's just trying to report that then you could argue he's doing his job.
Fair enough my how low can you comment wasn't necessary, lazy journalism annoys me though and when I first saw the appeal for info it conjured up the comedy image of a flat cap journo leaning on a bar with woodbine in hand. Suppose it's a job made more difficult these days because of the internet and folk getting there before they do.
I agree that there is plenty of interest in what happened and it all depends on where we individually got our versions from. I know the version I was given was as accurate as anyone is likely to hear because of where it came from but others maybe aren't as fortunate so speculation is rife. Maybe the thread would be better closed until the club make their announcement, if any.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

moto748 wrote:I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been more on this in the Press. Haven't the tabloids got hold of it? Local TV (I'm not local)?
suprised 6 pages and your the first to mention this.
mountains from mole hills come to mind. anything really serious press/media would have been on this like a plague of locus.And there would be pictures all over social media.wigan at night and no one has one single picture of any trouble involving players. Sorry but does not cut it with me.Although you all know I am a sucker for the lost cause (i.e Hock). And believe everyone who makes mistakes are entitled to try to put there lives back in line. Imo there is only ever been one perfect person and they crucified him.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Will be interesting to see which two players drop out of the 19, Sutton, Mossop and Bateman dropping out would continue the rumour mongering.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Will be interesting to see which two players drop out of the 19, Sutton, Mossop and Bateman dropping out would continue the rumour mongering.
Thats three :D