Re: Disciplinary?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Some are saying the other players want him out
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

One thing is for sure no matter how much "talent" a player has togetherness as a team is far more important.

Castleford are a good benchmark with this they offloaded problem players and their team is tight which shows and makes them difficult to break
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:One thing is for sure no matter how much "talent" a player has togetherness as a team is far more important.

Castleford are a good benchmark with this they offloaded problem players and their team is tight which shows and makes them difficult to break
100% correct i dont care if the player in question is the greatest ever if he's causing trouble and the team dont want him,get rid and pronto.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:A pity that some have nothing better to do then keep going on about a incident which as usual may have been a mountain made out of a molehill by the dreaded social media of facebook and twitter.

Cause nothing but trouble for many!
And the club and police - don't forget they also commented.
They are the ones you expect to make comments, not people who speculate or revel in rumours about something they know little or nothing about.

Until the investigation by the club and the police is completed the least said the better.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:One thing is for sure no matter how much "talent" a player has togetherness as a team is far more important.

100% correct i dont care if the player in question is the greatest ever if he's causing trouble and the team dont want him,get rid and pronto.
Sorry but where as it ever been said the player in question is causing trouble. From what I am hearing 2 grown men went to a place of both choosing and one got the better of the other everything else is conjecture. And your saying that mob rules and players not wanting him because he got the better of there mate.Now before the insults start I do not know what happened and just putting another angle to it. But some have got player hung drawn and sacked off pure rumour. For what it's worth For me this was a scrap between 2 drunken players that got out of hand.Takes two to tango.And we have had a long line of truly greats some where hated by team mates but we still had our best decade of the clubs history. All boils down to how these players are controlled while at work.
Wigan_forever1985

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

Sorry but where as it ever been said the player in question is causing trouble. From what I am hearing 2 grown men went to a place of both choosing and one got the better of the other everything else is conjecture. And your saying that mob rules and players not wanting him because he got the better of there mate.Now before the insults start I do not know what happened and just putting another angle to it. But some have got player hung drawn and sacked off pure rumour. For what it's worth For me this was a scrap between 2 drunken players that got out of hand.Takes two to tango.And we have had a long line of truly greats some where hated by team mates but we still had our best decade of the clubs history. All boils down to how these players are controlled while at work.
well my post was in direct relation to meds' post about some players wanted said player out.

Im not saying what has or hasnt happened but if there is a divide as a result then its important the team are together so again (if) one person is the cause/bad egg then even if it was thurston youre still better off with a team working for eachother than pockets of mates against

again though this is a hark back to the noble days!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: 100% correct i dont care if the player in question is the greatest ever if he's causing trouble and the team dont want him,get rid and pronto.
well my post was in direct relation to meds' post about some players wanted said player out.

Im not saying what has or hasnt happened but if there is a divide as a result then its important the team are together so again (if) one person is the cause/bad egg then even if it was thurston youre still better off with a team working for eachother than pockets of mates against

again though this is a hark back to the noble days!

We will have to agree to disagree on this as I believe as proffesional rugby players they should still be working for each other regardless of there off field relationship.
Wigan_forever1985

I agree that they dont all have to be bessie mates, but a team that are together as a unit are always more successful IMO

one thing you dont want is friction
markill

Post by markill »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I agree that they dont all have to be bessie mates, but a team that are together as a unit are always more successful IMO

one thing you dont want is friction
Cole and Sheringham hated each other and were part of the most successful English club team ever together. I suppose there will always be examples either way.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

Bare with me on this...

What Ben Flower did in the GF was awful and severely impacted the image of the club as well as having a detrimental effect on the team's ability to succeed. The club stuck by him.

If what has happened is no worse than what Flower did (and as no-one appears to have died or been seriously injured to the point their season/career is in doubt) then no player should be sacked in my opinion. Disciplined yes, sacked no.

in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod