no bateman tonite

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: no bateman tonite

Post by markill »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
markill wrote:Any clique that involves Mossop will include Sam T and you'd guess a number of others that came through from the Wane junior side that made their way in under Madge, like Farrell for example.
That statement is simply not true
Fair enough. I thought they were mates. I thought that whole group that came through at that time were.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

markill wrote:
markill wrote:Any clique that involves Mossop will include Sam T and you'd guess a number of others that came through from the Wane junior side that made their way in under Madge, like Farrell for example.
That statement is simply not true
Fair enough. I thought they were mates. I thought that whole group that came through at that time were.

Some would think the same as you but There is a big difference in being friends than a clique. As josie's discription of a clique elequantly puts it. By the way to me it is still a click :D
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Why don't we all stop speculating about what happen and who has done this and who has done that as it is only providing the media and supporters of other clubs to continue giving us bad publicity.

As though we in Wigan don't get enough as it is from the media and others!

There are far more important things to think about like for example at the moment, the future of our country.
Sorry WW Because this is web warriors section to discuss any thing about our team and at moment the exclusion of front runner for mos in not being selected for our team for me is the most important thing that is going on at our club at moment and the club not forth comming with info will draw speculation by all fans who would just like to get this over with and Bateman back on the pitch. If you want to discuss the countrys decline there is a off topic section.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: That statement is simply not true

Some would think the same as you but There is a big difference in being friends than a clique. As josie's discription of a clique elequantly puts it. By the way to me it is still a click :D
????????

PS; You weren't the only one using "click" for "clique"! Kittwazzer is very tetchy about misspelling too ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The word is "clique" - a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them.

Not "click" - a short, sharp sound as of a switch being operated or of two hard objects coming smartly into contact.

But "click" could be correct in this instance ????????????????
Haha, that's had me chuckling away all morning, Josie.
It hasn't with me, just heard a click noise at the end of a biopsy needle poked into my left kidney four times this morning, not pleasant.
Ouch.

Hope everything is OK Marra?
BriH

Post by BriH »

I don't know anything specific about "Batemangate" other than what I have read on here, and snippets of info. from 'Wigan Today' on't t'internet.

Whatever is going on, I can't see the point of not picking JB until the 'Internal Club Enquiry' has been finalised.
The team suffers and 'Innocent until proven guilty' comes to mind.
As I said at the start, I have only what I read to go on i.e Chinese Whispers.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Why don't we all stop speculating about what happen and who has done this and who has done that as it is only providing the media and supporters of other clubs to continue giving us bad publicity.

As though we in Wigan don't get enough as it is from the media and others!

There are far more important things to think about like for example at the moment, the future of our country.
Sorry WW Because this is web warriors section to discuss any thing about our team and at moment the exclusion of front runner for mos in not being selected for our team for me is the most important thing that is going on at our club at moment and the club not forth comming with info will draw speculation by all fans who would just like to get this over with and Bateman back on the pitch. If you want to discuss the countrys decline there is a off topic section.
Exactly, the only people going on about it are posters on here with more in the local pubs talking about the International Football competition or the referendum.

It is not the first time that a Wigan player or players have been involved in some sort of stupid incident when full of alcohol and no doubt it will not be the last.

My only comment about the matter is that if Bateman has been indeed suspended for four matches as has been suggested in a Yorkshire based newspaper and also possibly fined by the club, they should make it clear to the supporters in a Statement.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Mike wrote:So keep Bateman and sell at least 50% of the key players in the squad?

Bear in mind that a clique is just a group of friends. If something happened to one of your friends would you side with them, or whoever else was involved?

There will be no problem if due process is followed and everyone accepts the outcome.

Agree Mike. This topic is sounding more and more like a "mares nest" Cut out the histrionics.
It's being soughted
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:So keep Bateman and sell at least 50% of the key players in the squad?
Given it could be argued we only have very few key players in the squad of which Bateman is one how many would that be? One? Two?

I'd go for that top keep Bateman!
Bear in mind that a clique is just a group of friends. If something happened to one of your friends would you side with them, or whoever else was involved?
A clique is not just a group of friends. If there is a clique of players within the Wigan squad, we'd be better off without them.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Again I will ask the question, where has this clique been for the last 5 years?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett