Worst ever Wigan 13

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wormburner

Re: Worst ever Wigan 13

Post by Wormburner »

Rob Smyth and Nigel Wright
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I seriously wonder if some of these who mention players as being some of the worst to have ever played for us, ever actually saw them play or just jump on a bandwagon and name players who in their opinion where not worth their money (which is different than being no good)

If that is the case then Matty Johns fits that bill. Followed closely by David Vaeliki

For signing mistakes then Lee Hansen was one of the biggest. Followed by Gavin Clinch

For rank bad players, well there are plenty but some of the names people are bringing up (like Nigel Wright) makes me wonder if they actually saw him play.

Not going to give my personal list as it could take a few pages up, but in quite a few instances I blame the then coaches for not playing players signed in their correct positions and thus not getting the best from them
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

butt monkey wrote:I seriously wonder if some of these who mention players as being some of the worst to have ever played for us, ever actually saw them play or just jump on a bandwagon and name players who in their opinion where not worth their money (which is different than being no good)

If that is the case then Matty Johns fits that bill. Followed closely by David Vaeliki

For signing mistakes then Lee Hansen was one of the biggest. Followed by Gavin Clinch

For rank bad players, well there are plenty but some of the names people are bringing up (like Nigel Wright) makes me wonder if they actually saw him play.

Not going to give my personal list as it could take a few pages up, but in quite a few instances I blame the then coaches for not playing players signed in their correct positions and thus not getting the best from them

Have to agree with that. Happens in football as well players coached wrong and played in wrong positions. Don't think any player who has ever played for Wigan was a bad player just not right for how team was set up for at the time.I actually thought Nigel Wright was a decent player just goes to show how different players are veiwed at the time they played for us.Funny though how they all become garbage players when they have left.