Catalan game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Eclipse

Re: Catalan game

Post by The Eclipse »

Congrats to the coach too on taking a young team over there and doing a job on a much bigger team.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Credit must also go to Kris Radlinski who came up with the idea of a quick in & out on the same day.

You can get to France just as quick these days as say going to Doncaster or Hull for that matter ????????????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

jao711 wrote:Superb performance!They are a very big side all across the field but we handled them .Great defence.Only minus,Josh should have had two.
Thought that was the first 80 minute game we have played this season. Great performance by all particularly the young players.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

nitsua wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Best victory ever in France IMO.
I'd say the Battle of the Somme was a better victory.
Sorry, a bad comparison. There were no winners in the Battle of the Somme; it was a terrible disaster resulting in 1,000,000 dead.
Ok, Wigan beating Catalans was not the best victory ever in France.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Supporters should take note that now we are at the business end of the season all the best players barring injury and a suspension are returning and a great deal of the credit must go to Wane and his Coaching Staff in using our large squad to the full by rotating and introducing new quality young players in the early and mid season games so that the best 17 and fully fit players are available when it matters at the latter part of the season and the second phase of fixtures in the Super League and the latter stage of the Challenge Cup.

A friend of mine was telling me the other day that he have been talking to a Warrington player who told him that some of their players were 'knackered' as a result of not having a larger and better quality squad like Wigan.

Might explain some of their inconsistent recent results.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Quick play the ball and we're a match for anybody.
Sadly officials control this in their manner, get a decent referee who promotes a quick play and Wigan are on a roll, get an official who allows opposition players to lay on and turn players resultant from that time delay and our go forward is less affective. There were periods in yesterday's game where catalans just layed on for an eternity and hewer just allowed it. We struggled a bit at those times,as it gave them more impetus.
Still though aa massive team performance from a young team.

Taylor met his match with Ben Flower. Taylor is only a bully to those who won't stand up to him. Taylor tried to do his rubbing up of players as usual but met his match with Ben and decided to walk away. It's not just about the size of the dog in the fight Dave. ????????
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

adiddy wrote:Sutton and Isa were immense!!!! Well played the whole team for a fine victory, but those two imo were the best players on the park by a country mile!!

Matt
Add Flower to those names, strong in attack, stronger in defence, comment by the commentators..."he could have just ran at a smaller defender but had to find the biggest man on the pitch", he won the battle on his opposite, glad he's on board for another 4yrs!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I too concur with Sutton and Isa. Neither of them our first (or even second) choice second rows and yet they did a phenomenal job. Really excited as to what Sutton could become, he's maturing into a brilliant forward.
That Wigan academy just keeps churning out quality. Look at the kids we had playing yesterday and look at the result!
Shorrocks too looks right at home at half back.
Exciting times.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
SJ

Post by SJ »

Kiwiseddon wrote:I too concur with Sutton and Isa. Neither of them our first (or even second) choice second rows and yet they did a phenomenal job. Really excited as to what Sutton could become, he's maturing into a brilliant forward.
That Wigan academy just keeps churning out quality. Look at the kids we had playing yesterday and look at the result!
Shorrocks too looks right at home at half back.

Exciting times.
I fully agree with this post I'd just like to add my appreciation to Matty Smith. Sarge. Isa who shone in this game has did the rest of the Team. A great team effort that bodes well for the future.
Most enjoyable
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

And I got my photo taken with Ben Fliwer's dad. Then I bumped into Colin Clark who was there for the day celebrating his 71st birthday! :D