Tommys back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Tommys back

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote:Why would Powell be gone Nathan?
It was in response to PM who was stating that because Powell wasn't mentioned he may be off.

I was hypothesising around Wane's words and what PM had said.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

nathan_rugby wrote:
It was in response to PM who was stating that because Powell wasn't mentioned he may be off.

I hope he isn't going, but didn't Wane also say that no-one's leaving except those departures already announced?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote:

I hope he isn't going, but didn't Wane also say that no-one's leaving except those departures already announced?
He's goin nowhere :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We've needed an 80 min hooker for years, now we have one in Powell. Why would we get rid?
IMO it's now up to Tommy and MM to step up to the game Sam Powell has been playing, not the other way round.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
moto748 wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: It was in response to PM who was stating that because Powell wasn't mentioned he may be off.

He's goin nowhere :)
Correct Josie, a loyal club man!

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote:We've needed an 80 min hooker for years, now we have one in Powell. Why would we get rid?
IMO it's now up to Tommy and MM to step up to the game Sam Powell has been playing, not the other way round.
I agree,Powell has to be dislodged by the other two if Wane picks on form as he's been outstanding.
SJ

Post by SJ »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:We've needed an 80 min hooker for years, now we have one in Powell. Why would we get rid?
I agree,Powell has to be dislodged by the other two if Wane picks on form as he's been outstanding.
Agree At this stage of their careers Powell is better than the pair of them :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Well considering MM's leg is hanging off I would hazard a guess that at this stage Powell is currently better. However MM at the start of the season was our best player for the first few games and getting a bad injury doesn't make him a bad player it was just tragic for him. Tommy is also a world cup winning hooker so is clearly no mug and no doubt Powell will love improving and learning from the both of them. Powell still has much to learn and on top form isn't as good as either of them, he has however been great this year.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Has anyone thought that Lockers may retire to the coaching staff, as he has struggled with so many injuries this year. Maybe the club are preparing for the coming season if this happens.

Hope not he has been a legend, but lets remember him this way, and not someone who played on too long.

mmm :exc:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

ddtftf wrote:Has anyone thought that Lockers may retire to the coaching staff, as he has struggled with so many injuries this year. Maybe the club are preparing for the coming season if this happens.

Hope not he has been a legend, but lets remember him this way, and not someone who played on too long.

mmm :exc:
ddtftf you tease!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett