Matty Smith and Saints

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Matty Smith and Saints

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Are they that desperate...?

Overrated and injury prone in my opinion.
And they all laughed when we signed Smith and Green.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Are they that desperate...?

Overrated and injury prone in my opinion.
And they all laughed when we signed Smith and Green.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

chris1234 wrote:Just had another phone call confirming.....

Kev Brown will be playing for Saints next year

:cool:
Have you heard anything re smith? I take it he's staying now if stains have landed brown.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

josie andrews wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Saints have been trying to recruit him for some time. If Soward is going to Widnes then they will need to free up cap space. Kev Brown wont come cheap though and I presume that Saints have offered him a salary increase which will probably make him one of their highest earners.
Thought Soward had signed for London Broncoes!
I've heard soward is heading to Widnes.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Saints are signing Brown then Smith will be staying with us, thank goodness.
Saints halves will be Brown and Fages.

Pleased Smith is staying, IMO very under rated in the job he's done for us this year. After all how many players have played stand off whilst he's been at 7?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:....so they are going from an injury prone half back in Walsh to another in Brown.

Better off with hot head Burns!! :lol:
Do you know the reason Burns Left?
Left? He is still a Stains player. :wink:
Albeit one who will never play for them again. Going toe to toe with KFC is not the best career move at Stains! :lol:
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If Saints are signing Brown then Smith will be staying with us, thank goodness.

Pleased Smith is staying, IMO very under rated in the job he's done for us this year. After all how many players have played stand off whilst he's been at 7?
I have said before that Smith puts so much effort and commitment in to a game. He played well with Blake Green and I know he isn't blessed with speed but he really wears his heart on his sleeve and really great players have been pulled to pieces by spectators in the past, but I got hammered for pointing this out !!!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

ian b wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:If Saints are signing Brown then Smith will be staying with us, thank goodness.

I have said before that Smith puts so much effort and commitment in to a game. He played well with Blake Green and I know he isn't blessed with speed but he really wears his heart on his sleeve and really great players have been pulled to pieces by spectators in the past, but I got hammered for pointing this out !!!!
Correct, and is any poor form any different than other players. For example Williams was poor in the early part of the season, but not many comments about that and Lockers has had his moments of having a poor game, not up to his usual standard.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:....so they are going from an injury prone half back in Walsh to another in Brown.

Better off with hot head Burns!! :lol:
Do you know the reason Burns Left?
Left to go to Leigh, somebody must know, it wasn't a "clean" Exit?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
WiganPom

Post by WiganPom »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Do you know the reason Burns Left?
Left to go to Leigh, somebody must know, it wasn't a "clean" Exit?
For those of us living down under and don't hear the rumours can someone please elaborate on what's happened at stains?