Matty Smith and Saints

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Matty Smith and Saints

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Burns and KC had a busy up apparently and he is now on loan at Leigh, he is however still a Stains player!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
WiganPom

Post by WiganPom »

Thanks
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Just spoke to Tommy Makinson who is on our specimen lake tonight and he was saying don`t read to much into the Smith link to St Helens
:blush:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote:Just spoke to Tommy Makinson who is on our specimen lake tonight and he was saying don`t read to much into the Smith link to St Helens
He's defo at Wigan next year :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

josie andrews wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Just spoke to Tommy Makinson who is on our specimen lake tonight and he was saying don`t read to much into the Smith link to St Helens
Good. Hope he is practising his kicking. We need it from now on.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Forgot to add so is Bateman ????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I think Smith's kicking has improved massively this season and Bateman was never going anywhere, just hope posters stop listening to ridiculous whispers started by fans of other clubs.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

See after all Smith as I have said is a decent player. Will never win you a game if your struggling but if when our pack is on top he can control a game very well.

A better player than some make out.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

thegimble wrote:See after all Smith as I have said is a decent player. Will never win you a game if your struggling but if when our pack is on top he can control a game very well.

A better player than some make out.
He's massively improved as you say Gimble, his penalty and conversion kicking is very good at the moment.
My concern is, as you rightly say, is he capable of winning us that match when we're struggling all around, and I'd agree with you that he won't manage.
Saying that, there are few players that could manage it in similar circumstances, Sandow, Todd Carney are two that I can think of, although there maybe are others.
I am not a man Utd fan, but can always remember a work colleague that was, who always said that Andy Cole would score plenty of goals for Utd, but he could remember few of them being in the important games.
I'm not sure if matty Smith falls into a similar category. Smith has pulled his game together since Sam T has returned and with George Williams returning to some level of form.
I've been a critic of Smith, but must give credit where credit is due, and Smiths game has improved all round of late, and for the better. I like players with natural pace, as I see it as a main asset. I think speed is a big weakness in his game, as speed can win you matches on its own.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
WiganWoman1968 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He's defo at Wigan next year :)
Forgot to add so is Bateman ????????????????
What about Mossop Josie.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards