Re: Worst Derby ever.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

Would help if we had a coach who only has pal "A" and clearly no plan "B"
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Sam clearly not fit. Miles away from looking sharp and looked one speed. Possibly had Charnley not been banned we wouldn't have seen Sam tonight?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Dire. Next week will be pivotal for our season. Poor attack with no cutting edge.
One kick came off though. :eusa3:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

All of our team were total crap tonight. Sam had a nightmare, there was no leadership,nobody had any bottle to take control and put some backbone in the team. They were like headless chickens. they should all be ashamed of themselves tonight. They had no pride in the shirt they wore.

We will go into the play-offs in third place, as I cannot see Huddersfield giving Warrington any problems, which will make the play-offs that much harder for us. Next weekend with the C.C Semi-final against Hull, who have got their tales up, if the same Wigan team turns up as tonight we will not be going any further in that competition. :angry:
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Terrible time to play like we did early on in the season. Let's hope this was the worst and it gets better. (That's a hope not a belief, by the way.)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Typical Wane inspired Derby performance. Clearly up for it with the aggression in the tackle but clueless in every other aspect.

He says in his post match the attack wasn't good enough. Well Mr Wane it's not been good enough for 26 games. It's not news to anyone but you.

Cunningham said we could still be playing now and would not score and he is right.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mickw wrote:
DaveO wrote: Typical Wane inspired Derby performance. Clearly up for it with the aggression in the tackle but clueless in every other aspect.

He says in his post match the attack wasn't good enough. Well Mr Wane it's not been good enough for 26 games. It's not news to anyone but you.

Cunningham said we could still be playing now and would not score and he is right.
I'm sorry but Wane isn't capable of fixing the attack
Obviously so. It's been naff for more than the 26 games of this season.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wakefield aside, that's the worst I've seen Wigan play in a long time. We dominated territory and possession and all we had to offer was a poxy grubber kick or just spill the ball.

3/10. Must do better!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nobody on here has ever heard me slag off wane but here goes.That attack tonight was nothing short of poor.Backs clearing our own 25 went out with graham lowe.
If we are staying with this then at least get the likes of carney etc in our backline(not tierney)
We seriously have to go forward before we go sideways nuff said
George and matty are both sevens(decide which please)
Unfit players show inthis game ie.tomkins,oloughlin,crosby,flower,manfredi
Tomkins is one of my all time fav players but what has happened to his step???
This was his downfall in aus after the injury of course
Random last tackle kicking nuff said
Flat runners on set plays
Players playing out of position
Lockers lying on
Sarges random stepping and dropped balls
Tomkins shouting out orders while lockers says nowt
No change of tactics when behind

Ive got loads more but cant be arsed
New coach please ive had enough..
And before anyone shoots me down we are only up there because its a piss poor league at the moment
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

A shocker in a season of shocking performances,hard no impossible to find any plus' sin that,there simply wasn't any.

Sam for me clearly unfit not good enough for fullback as he simply doesn't have any pace left.

Played like strangers no one talking again.

Very angry at that performance