tonight's attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
loyalbelfast

tonight's attendance

Post by loyalbelfast »

As the crow flies Hull to Doncaster time of & distance 56 min (46.5 mi) via A63 and M62 then from Wigan to Doncaster equals 1 h 38 min (81.7 mi) via M62

Can one imagine a top 4 team in the Premier League taking that sort of support to an FA cup semi based on what their normal home attendance normally is - why did thousands of us not travel to the game ?

It looked all so wrong on TV , packed Hull ends of the ground with a few sections(if even that?) filled only by us! We are Wigan for goodness sake - something is not right here with that support?!!

My excuse for not being there to those who will accept it was 1) just returned from my summer hols & 2) was keeping money to fly over to London next month

A&L (just like Belfast!)
butt monkey

Re: tonight's attendance

Post by butt monkey »

loyalbelfast wrote:As the crow flies Hull to Doncaster time of & distance 56 min (46.5 mi) via A63 and M62 then from Wigan to Doncaster equals 1 h 38 min (81.7 mi) via M62

Can one imagine a top 4 team in the Premier League taking that sort of support to an FA cup semi based on what their normal home attendance normally is - why did thousands of us not travel to the game ?

It looked all so wrong on TV , packed Hull ends of the ground with a few sections(if even that?) filled only by us! We are Wigan for goodness sake - something is not right here with that support?!!

My excuse for not being there to those who will accept it was 1) just returned from my summer hols & 2) was keeping money to fly over to London next month

A&L (just like Belfast!)
Fans wont pay top dollar to watch the rubbish we have been serving up this season

Previous years the side has been littered with World class players, not so sure that is the case now, too many not good enough, too many journeymen and too many failed mercenaries who came back to the club for one reason or another. The game is terribly dull and substandard so why pay more to suffer the dentist chair treatment?

Fans are not mugs and will not put up with the travel, the expense and all the shyte that goes with it from the rugby league in order to say "I was there" when it was on telly cheap and easy
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Football would not play an FA Cup Semi Final on a Friday evening. Sad but they broke me estimate! I thought they might not break the 10K barrier.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

loyalbelfast wrote:
As the crow flies**Hull to Doncaster time of & distance 56 min (46.5 mi) via A63 and M62 then from Wigan to Doncaster equals 1 h 38 min (81.7 mi) via M62
**Thats a straight bloody line FFS!!! you show me one motorway in England that runs in a straight line without any deviance!

It's 97 miles from my house, eventually via the M6 via East Lancs via M60 via M62 via A1M via M18 via A6182, that's not accounting for any roadworks, single lane traffic, speed restrictions, rush hour, & inclement weather over Saddleworth moors!! (Which there was again)!
We are Wigan for goodness sake - something is not right here with that support?!!
Yes, YOU weren't there & as BM said, it's a Friday night, it's on TV (& it's in bloody Yorkshire! )

So, as I said before, do not have the audacity to call those SUPPORTERS who made the effort to get there & SUPPORT our players
That is no excuse, so don't come that! Some one I know landed in London this afternoon returning from holiday & still made the journey, they drove direct!!

Lots of people are on/still on a holiday, you were home, you could have made an effort, but like some people who don't go to these games, you have the temerity to say, you were saving your money for London/Wembley!!

A&L (just like Belfast!)
I hope that doesn't stand for "Ancient & Loyal" because that's a misnomer for a start ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:
loyalbelfast wrote:As the crow flies Hull to Doncaster time of & distance 56 min (46.5 mi) via A63 and M62 then from Wigan to Doncaster equals 1 h 38 min (81.7 mi) via M62

A&L (just like Belfast!)
Fans wont pay top dollar to watch the rubbish we have been serving up this season

Previous years the side has been littered with World class players, not so sure that is the case now, too many not good enough, too many journeymen and too many failed mercenaries who came back to the club for one reason or another. The game is terribly dull and substandard so why pay more to suffer the dentist chair treatment?

Fans are not mugs and will not put up with the travel, the expense and all the shyte that goes with it from the rugby league in order to say "I was there" when it was on telly cheap and easy
So you are calling those fans who went "mugs"?

I can always say "I was there" no matter which competition, where, when, or who we play! There will come a time when I am unable to go thru ill health, but until that day comes I will support & follow my team.

(I used to make a round trip of 763 miles when I lived in Aberdeen for home games when they were played on a Saturday or Sunday!) And that wasn't as the crow flies either ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

6 hours on a motorway (and another 6 today no doubt) my choice i know , but the turn out of Wigan fans last night was to be honest embarrassing.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I went, got home at 12am and in work from 7am today.
it was a challenge cup semi final,

however that times posted are incorrect they ignore the giant 50 zone/rush hour traffic, i managed to get there in 2 hours, however some people it was taking over 3 hours due to traffic/ route they went.

was a disappointing crowd, more annoying was the lack of walk around from the players afterwards for the fans who had made the effort to go.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Got in the door at about 1.10am blamed the dog for the defeat,he accepted his part in Wigans downfall as did my budgies.

What a nasty journey that was,how the hell was that dump considered for that game and they wonder why very Wigan fans made the journey over..
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The RFL are happy! They could not give a stuff about Wigan or their fans. Everything weighted in favour of Hull DELIBERATELY!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
loyalbelfast wrote:
As the crow flies**Hull to Doncaster time of & distance 56 min (46.5 mi) via A63 and M62 then from Wigan to Doncaster equals 1 h 38 min (81.7 mi) via M62
**Thats a straight bloody line FFS!!! you show me one motorway in England that runs in a straight line without any deviance!

It's 97 miles from my house, eventually via the M6 via East Lancs via M60 via M62 via A1M via M18 via A6182, that's not accounting for any roadworks, single lane traffic, speed restrictions, rush hour, & inclement weather over Saddleworth moors!! (Which there was again)!
We are Wigan for goodness sake - something is not right here with that support?!!
Yes, YOU weren't there & as BM said, it's a Friday night, it's on TV (& it's in bloody Yorkshire! )

So, as I said before, do not have the audacity to call those SUPPORTERS who made the effort to get there & SUPPORT our players
That is no excuse, so don't come that! Some one I know landed in London this afternoon returning from holiday & still made the journey, they drove direct!!

Lots of people are on/still on a holiday, you were home, you could have made an effort, but like some people who don't go to these games, you have the temerity to say, you were saving your money for London/Wembley!!

A&L (just like Belfast!)
I hope that doesn't stand for "Ancient & Loyal" because that's a misnomer for a start ????
Well that's him towd! :lol: