George Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
platt-warrior

Re: George Williams

Post by platt-warrior »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:The next great Wigan scrum half? Once he sorts out his passing game he will be a top class player. The question will be, can Wigan hold onto him.
Probably. We already pay him big money. A fantastic prospect who just need a great half back partner.
How do you know the club pay him big money??

Do you have access to the wage structure of the club?

They have to take account of his age surely! And although he's been an England international, it's still only his second season in the first team.
Josie he said probably......have you got some thing against CP?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Probably. We already pay him big money. A fantastic prospect who just need a great half back partner.

They have to take account of his age surely! And although he's been an England international, it's still only his second season in the first team.
No he didn't, he said probably to keeping hold of him, followed by 'we already pay him big money'!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Probably. We already pay him big money. A fantastic prospect who just need a great half back partner.

At the moment she has no idea why, I do not care one iota. She has been talking out of turn to Josie's Friend who wants to hide behind her name. Bit of shit stirring behind the scenes by Josie's Friend. Friend let one of two things slip in PMs to me. I do not think some people like supporters talking to people connected to Wigan. I have been doing so as long as I can remember. Numerous others do too despite this classic retort from Josie's Friend;
People with real information never talk about it on forums, that's the quickest way to lose that privilege.
Mind you Josie's friend is not attending every game so Whelley will black mark her! :lol: Probably a crony from the Supporters Club. If only they knew :roll: Clubs monitor the internet and forums on a daily basis.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: How do you know the club pay him big money??

No he didn't, he said probably to keeping hold of him, followed by 'we already pay him big money'!
PROBABLY as in the next great Wigan scrum half. Ordinarily I talk to people like SEFC privately. Plenty of people here who are very knowledgable RL people. SEFC is one of those.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
platt-warrior wrote: Josie he said probably......have you got some thing against CP?
PROBABLY as in the next great Wigan scrum half. Ordinarily I talk to people like SEFC privately. Plenty of people here who are very knowledgable RL people. SEFC is one of those.
Ok sorry I got which part the probably was aimed at wrong but I realised it wasn't probably about him earning big money, you clearly stated that you think he is and to be honest if he carries on playing as he is then he deserves it!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He gets paid well TB. He always has and that is a reflection of the demand for him, particulary from Wire prior to signing for Wigan and even now he is well looked after. His father is far from stupid and has access to great advice.

What many fans do not realise how genuine the long term fears were for George by his family when he was recently injured.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:He gets paid well TB. He always has and that is a reflection of the demand for him, particulary from Wire prior to signing for Wigan and even now he is well looked after. His father is far from stupid and has access to great advice.

What many fans do not realise how genuine the long term fears were for George by his family when he was recently injured.
Surely if it was that serious then it must still be a concern or is he very lucky and it has corrected itself?
TrueBlueWarrior

God wrote:On a side note I have heard on good authority that Ben Flower is on a pittance at Wigan.

Williams on the other hand is on a good deal, and rightly so.
Has Ben not just recently signed a new deal? Is he still paying for his GF misdemeanour?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:He gets paid well TB. He always has and that is a reflection of the demand for him, particulary from Wire prior to signing for Wigan and even now he is well looked after. His father is far from stupid and has access to great advice.

Surely if it was that serious then it must still be a concern or is he very lucky and it has corrected itself?
I do not know as I think there was a difference of opinion as to what course of action to take but thus far it seems okay.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

I do not know as I think there was a difference of opinion as to what course of action to take but thus far it seems okay.
Like the majority of players at this time of year he is playing with an injury.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards