Re: Wane needs to go.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Two years too late. Waney bleeds Wigan but he has taken this team as far as he can. We need new blood and new impetus. Wigan are in the entertainment game and I struggle to remember the last time I was entertained. With the resources at his disposal Waney should be producing better results. No one can knock the effort of the players but if you keep flogging them as Waney does then eventually they break. We don't need a new team we need fresh ideas, we have plenty of class and skill in our ranks but it needs to be harnessed in the right way.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Last night was a very poor effort against a team who we should beat.No cohesion in attack by Williams and Smith,Sam is plainly injured to my mind.Charnley,Sarginson and Gelling would not get a game with St Pats on that form.Wane has to go,and although it is essential to bring the young players through we also need some class and at the moment we have none,particularly as Lockers is more or less finished.
shaunedwardsfanclub

old hooker wrote:Last night was a very poor effort against a team who we should beat.No cohesion in attack by Williams and Smith,Sam is plainly injured to my mind.Charnley,Sarginson and Gelling would not get a game with St Pats on that form.Wane has to go,and although it is essential to bring the young players through we also need some class and at the moment we have none,particularly as Lockers is more or less finished.
There is more chance of Lockers on crutches creating an opening then Smith. He has played in every game this season and our attack has been dreadful, I rest my case.
moto748

Re: Wane needs to go. Ko in I'm

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote:Last night was a very poor effort against a team who we should beat.No cohesion in attack by Williams and Smith,Sam is plainly injured to my mind.Charnley,Sarginson and Gelling would not get a game with St Pats on that form.Wane has to go,and although it is essential to bring the young players through we also need some class and at the moment we have none,particularly as Lockers is more or less finished.
OK

There is more chance of Lockers on crutches creating an opening then Smith. He has played in every game this season and our attack has been dreadful, I rest my case.

To be fair, he was also in the team a few years back when we were scoring the most, or second most, points in the comp. Smith should go, but the problems run deeper than him.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I agree with everything said thus far.
Need a new coach and a 'roots-and-branch' assessment of the whole team.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Two or three months back there was an identical thread running on Redvee wanting Cunningham out even to there being an on-line poll. Season ticket sales were going to be slashed, crowds halved etc etc and now they're up again and fighting to get at us next week. KFC didn't back down and neither will SW but when he's turned things round he'll come out with some verbal tripe like "we've worked hard in training" or suchlike as he's been trotting out for three years.
However, I'm a firm believer that if he can't produce the goods at Old Trafford, not just getting there but winning, then he'll be offered a sideways promotion.
One thing I'll give him credit for though, he's never used the injury crisis as an excuse for consistently bad performances and it's the worst I can recall in sixtyfive years of supporting this team.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wane needs to go. Ko in I'm

moto748 wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
OK

To be fair, he was also in the team a few years back when we were scoring the most, or second most, points in the comp. Smith should go, but the problems run deeper than him.
I think that is a fair comment, it is a mixture of poor coaching and players who do not possess the necessary skills.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote: I am just getting more and more annoyed at that bench selection where he had no backs so was expecting Gelling to play the full 80.
Wane's bench selection has been an issue for some time now. Literally their is NO thought to who should go onto that bench. Just shove three forwards there and if we have more available then one more wont go amiss appears to be the simplistic attitude to that chagrin of mine.

As you point out. Gelling, been out injured for months. Not going to be 100% fit and a confidence player who will have little if any confidence and what do we do? Pick 4 (yes bloody FOUR) forwards on the bench and demand he plays a full 80 minutes no matter what eventuality. That is as dumb as it gets

The rotation for McIlorum has gone out the window now he is injured. But a not 100% fit Powell has to play for a full 80 minutes now?? Please can someone explain that to me?

Sarginson and Gildart have been out of sorts for a while. Of course it is nothing to do with the way we are playing but of course Sarginson is Wane's golden boy and continually gets selected despite his awful performances of late. What long term good does that do the club if not to unsettle a player expected to be here for a short while longer? I can see another Hampshire situation developing here

IL needs to pull the coach into the office this morning and start to ask serious questions about his strategy and approach to the business end of the season.

Too many losses. Too many excuses and form simply not improving from the start of the season to now. Garbage it is, and there can be only one way to sort the mess the club is finding itself in right now. Not a knee jerk reaction and definitely NO British coach for me right now. The effort is there but by damn the quality is not
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

bill.inger wrote:Two or three months back there was an identical thread running on Redvee wanting Cunningham out even to there being an on-line poll. Season ticket sales were going to be slashed, crowds halved etc etc and now they're up again and fighting to get at us next week. KFC didn't back down and neither will SW but when he's turned things round he'll come out with some verbal tripe like "we've worked hard in training" or suchlike as he's been trotting out for three years.
However, I'm a firm believer that if he can't produce the goods at Old Trafford, not just getting there but winning, then he'll be offered a sideways promotion.
One thing I'll give him credit for though, he's never used the injury crisis as an excuse for consistently bad performances and it's the worst I can recall in sixtyfive years of supporting this team.
Bill for Wane he has the head job or nothing. It is that simple for Wane.
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

No sideways move or promotion upstairs or whatever. Just out,gone.
Sorry Shaun but enough is enough.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service