Re: Wane needs to go.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
bill.inger wrote:Two or three months back there was an identical thread running on Redvee wanting Cunningham out even to there being an on-line poll. Season ticket sales were going to be slashed, crowds halved etc etc and now they're up again and fighting to get at us next week. KFC didn't back down and neither will SW but when he's turned things round he'll come out with some verbal tripe like "we've worked hard in training" or suchlike as he's been trotting out for three years.
However, I'm a firm believer that if he can't produce the goods at Old Trafford, not just getting there but winning, then he'll be offered a sideways promotion.
One thing I'll give him credit for though, he's never used the injury crisis as an excuse for consistently bad performances and it's the worst I can recall in sixtyfive years of supporting this team.
Bill for Wane he has the head job or nothing. It is that simple for Wane.
He worked for Wigan for years and wasn't head coach, but since he has been that mindset might have changed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

With the players we have we shouldn't be scraping victories and losing as many as we have! Yes our injury list has been tragic and hats off to the boys for digging in through some tough times but I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel even with bodies coming back!! I have been very patient with Wane and although for me he should have gone 2 seasons ago, his time is up!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:
bill.inger wrote:Two or three months back there was an identical thread running on Redvee wanting Cunningham out even to there being an on-line poll. Season ticket sales were going to be slashed, crowds halved etc etc and now they're up again and fighting to get at us next week. KFC didn't back down and neither will SW but when he's turned things round he'll come out with some verbal tripe like "we've worked hard in training" or suchlike as he's been trotting out for three years.
However, I'm a firm believer that if he can't produce the goods at Old Trafford, not just getting there but winning, then he'll be offered a sideways promotion.
One thing I'll give him credit for though, he's never used the injury crisis as an excuse for consistently bad performances and it's the worst I can recall in sixtyfive years of supporting this team.
Bill for Wane he has the head job or nothing. It is that simple for Wane.
Has he told you that personally CP?
jobo

Post by jobo »

There's no doubt we've haven't hit the heights this season.

I do remember in seasons gone by, we've been in a similar predicament several times and gone on to reach finals or come out top and win things.

We've got the salary cap, we spend all the cap on the best players that we can afford. If things go wrong though with injuries, any side is snookered as there simply isn't the quality of player to provide adequate short term relief.

Don't think many would say MM or Robinson are poor coaches but their sides have hit the same injury problems we've had to face and look at them now.
Rabbits 3rd from bottom, Roosters 2nd bottom with just 10 wins all season between them.

IMO, Wane is a good coach who has shepherded us to 2nd in the league, whilst other coaches with the same problems we've had have bombed completely.

I'm sure that he's tough enough to take the name calling but please, some of the posters on here make the Salem witch hunt seem like a childs tea party.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote: IMO, Wane is a good coach who has shepherded us to 2nd in the league, whilst other coaches with the same problems we've had have bombed completely.
I don't think Wane has had anything to do with us getting to second. I think we are there despite him, not because of him. We are very, very lucky to be where we are in the league.

You only have to look to games like Wakefield at home a few weeks ago. Player pride and effort won us that game at the death. Not smart tactics and smart coaching. We should not be relying on efforts like that time and again and we have several times this season.

If we get anything out of this season the players deserve the credit not Wane.

If Wane is not shown the door we will have a repeat next season except we won't, in my opinion, be able to rely on other teams being as bad as this year and us actually winning games like the Wakey one that could go either way.

If other teams improve just a bit and Leeds get back some form we won't make the top four with Wane in charge and I'd expect us in the middle 8's at the end of the season. Even if by some fluke we actually win the GF this season!

moto748

Post by moto748 »

We've now been beaten badly by all the top sides lately apart from Catalans, who seem to be doing their usual meltdown.

Inn the very unlikely event of us making the GF, the chances of a victory look vanishingly small.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jobo wrote:There's no doubt we've haven't hit the heights this season.

I do remember in seasons gone by, we've been in a similar predicament several times and gone on to reach finals or come out top and win things.

We've got the salary cap, we spend all the cap on the best players that we can afford. If things go wrong though with injuries, any side is snookered as there simply isn't the quality of player to provide adequate short term relief.

Don't think many would say MM or Robinson are poor coaches but their sides have hit the same injury problems we've had to face and look at them now.
Rabbits 3rd from bottom, Roosters 2nd bottom with just 10 wins all season between them.

IMO, Wane is a good coach who has shepherded us to 2nd in the league, whilst other coaches with the same problems we've had have bombed completely.

I'm sure that he's tough enough to take the name calling but please, some of the posters on here make the Salem witch hunt seem like a childs tea party.
Well said Jobo. Any coach who can manage the level of injuries we've had and still be just 2 points off the top deserves respect. Unfortunately anyone who says that on here is an idiot.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Has anybody replied as such to Jobo? EXACTLY Morley :roll:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jobo wrote:There's no doubt we've haven't hit the heights this season.

I think injuries have played some part this season but it is no reason for our failure last term. If my memory serves me right Leeds were busted and still won the treble playing attractive rugby. Some of the all time greats associated with this club cannot believe how boring we are. Waney has seven games to save his job in my view and I hope he does but I can't see it.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:With the players we have we shouldn't be scraping victories and losing as many as we have! Yes our injury list has been tragic and hats off to the boys for digging in through some tough times but I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel even with bodies coming back!! I have been very patient with Wane and although for me he should have gone 2 seasons ago, his time is up!
Me too, and perhaps the time has now come for a change!

cpwigan will be delighted with me!