Cas v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Cas v Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

JUKESAYS wrote:A bit cryptic I know but cheers Josie! :thum:
So cryptic, I have no idea what you are talking about :blush:

Please, enlighten me :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

josie andrews wrote:

I suppose I should Thanks Norman as well?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JUKESAYS wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

I know what it is now! Did you sit down or stand on the terracing?

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

josie andrews wrote:
JUKESAYS wrote:
josie andrews wrote: So cryptic, I have no idea what you are talking about :blush:

I know what it is now! Did you sit down or stand on the terracing?
:eusa2:

Stand up
Although with the complete numpty who was stood behind me I wish I had sat down!

Once again
Thanks

Ps
Ill replicate some time if I get chance
apologies if it's a Leigh game though! :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote: sorry kitt cant agree with you there, Powell, Smith, Sarginson, Isa, Gelling, Tierney arenot good enough for Wigan and MM would have got rid.
Tierney is a good back up player for the Full Back and Wing positions, so I think it is unfair to include him when he is not a regular member of the team.

And how does anyone know that Maguire would still have been as successful if he had stayed.

If his tenure at South Sidney is anything to go by, the answer could be no success.

Like Wigan, first season successful, but since, they have done nothing with speculation that his job could be under threat.
We don't know whether Madge would have continued to be successful, although he did replicate his success over here by winning the toughest comp in the game. He also grabbed two sleeping giants with the scruf of the neck and propelled them to champion teams. How do you know that he wouldn't have continued to be a great success at Wigan? Is what your seeing at Wigan acceptable? If we end up empty handed for a third season in a row should we just accept it and carry on as normal? What changes do you propose? Do you find us entertaining? What do you think needs to happen to reverse the trend of reducing crowds? By the way, what did you think of our performance on Friday?
Just seen the limited highlights on the Super League Show and yes, what bit was shown was bad enough!

Something is not right!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Tierney is a good back up player for the Full Back and Wing positions, so I think it is unfair to include him when he is not a regular member of the team.

And how does anyone know that Maguire would still have been as successful if he had stayed.

If his tenure at South Sidney is anything to go by, the answer could be no success.

Like Wigan, first season successful, but since, they have done nothing with speculation that his job could be under threat.
We don't know whether Madge would have continued to be successful, although he did replicate his success over here by winning the toughest comp in the game. He also grabbed two sleeping giants with the scruf of the neck and propelled them to champion teams. How do you know that he wouldn't have continued to be a great success at Wigan? Is what your seeing at Wigan acceptable? If we end up empty handed for a third season in a row should we just accept it and carry on as normal? What changes do you propose? Do you find us entertaining? What do you think needs to happen to reverse the trend of reducing crowds? By the way, what did you think of our performance on Friday?
Just seen the limited highlights on the Super League Show and yes, what bit was shown was bad enough!

Something is not right!
It was very poor. I think even the management has realised that this cannot continue. Our chances are going South, Friday is a very big game for all concerned. Hopefully, our selection will be a bit more balanced for starters!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I feel sad that fans can boo & abuse their own players on the field of play. Matty could hear them as could all the players.

Then you got the two Cas fans who came & at the barrier in the second half giving our players abuse as well.

I don't know what happened with the confrontation at the end of the game, which had several stewards & security men trying to calm things down between both sets of supporters.

But during the game there were a bunch of teenagers deliberately antagonising Wigan supporters. It was aimed at the men stood behind & further back than us. And it wasn't banter being passed back & forth.

Also, a young girl was attacked by a 50-60 year old man & punched in the face. As we were leaving, a load of Cas supporters of both sexes were banging on the car & screaming abuse after we pipped our horn to let those who kept walking in front of the car we were there.

I've hated going to Castleford, Wakefield & Featherstone for years! They all seem to be of the same inbred mentality!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What about abuse of officials? Sure, refs have to expect to take a bit of stick, and I'm not talking about chants of "you don't know what you're doing", or even "the referee's a w***er"

I'm talking about virulent abuse. After Hampshire's slightly controversial :) second try at Cas, one fan in particular behind the goal was screaming abuse at the touchie as they waited for the conversion. Being so close to the pitch there, they were only a few yards apart. The touchie turned around and made eye contact with the guy,he couldn't have helped hearing it.

I thought it was pretty nasty, the guy is doing what he does for the benefit of the sport, for not a lot of pay by all accounts. He doesn't deserve that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:What about abuse of officials? Sure, refs have to expect to take a bit of stick, and I'm not talking about chants of "you don't know what you're doing", or even "the referee's a w***er"

I'm talking about virulent abuse. After Hampshire's slightly controversial :) second try at Cas, one fan in particular behind the goal was screaming abuse at the touchie as they waited for the conversion. Being so close to the pitch there, they were only a few yards apart. The touchie turned around and made eye contact with the guy,he couldn't have helped hearing it.

I thought it was pretty nasty, the guy is doing what he does for the benefit of the sport, for not a lot of pay by all accounts. He doesn't deserve that.
Yes I understand about abuse of players & officials I was mainly commenting on the Cas fans being antagonistic & the problems that happened close to us. So do you not think that an attack on a young woman was nasty?

The club sent the girl some flowers delivered by Josh Charnley as a bit of consolation.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Of course I do, do I really have to say it out loud? Nothing I said implied anything untoward. I wasn't aware of what happened to this girl; I'd seen the pic of her with JC on the Warriors FB feed, and it was only after your posts I 'joined the dots' and realised it was the same incident. Of course that's deplorable,it goes without saying, and I hope the culprit is identified and banned.

I didn't witness this incident first-hand at the ground, but I was telling you about something I did witness. ,And I dont think it should be discounted or dismissed just because one Cas fan behaved appalling. Do you? There is,or should be, no linkage between the two events.