Cas v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Cas v Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:Of course I do, do I really have to say it out loud? Nothing I said implied anything untoward. I wasn't aware of what happened to this girl; I'd seen the pic of her with JC on the Warriors FB feed, and it was only after your posts I 'joined the dots' and realised it was the same incident. Of course that's deplorable,it goes without saying, and I hope the culprit is identified and banned.

I didn't witness this incident first-hand at the ground, but I was telling you about something I did witness. ,And I dont think it should be discounted or dismissed just because one Cas fan behaved appalling. Do you? There is,or should be, no linkage between the two events.
Yes, I understand what you mean. I didn't mean it to seem otherwise. Apologies.

I don't even boo opposing teams! And it doesn't matter who it is, even Leeds :wink:

I do think it's about time some fans took a step back & have a good look at their behaviour at matches towards players & officials.

Yes we all do as you said, sing the chants 'you're not fit to referee' etc but to be really aggressive towards a person is beyond a joke. It seems that society today has a lot to answer for.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Cheers, Josie.

I think you are taking good behaviour way too far by not booing Leeds, though! :lol:

I did think with this guy screaming abuse, if your kids could see you now...
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

josie andrews wrote:
I've hated going to Castleford, Wakefield & Featherstone for years! They all seem to be of the same inbred mentality!
Josie, if you really want to use the term 'inbreds', those Yorkshire fans aren't in the same league as that lot in Sen Tellins. Please have a few minutes reading the comments on Redvee on the Disciplinary thread from about page 10 onwards. Now THAT is libellous and only their collective thickness can be offered as an excuse for what the Moderators allow on that site. Surely THE RFL ought to take Redvee to task over this.
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

Them stains monkeys are like salivating rabid dogs(thats just the women)they need to face the reality that if the two players in question had not done the crime they wouldnt be doing the time :eusa2:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

People,Wigan fans are just as bad hide behind the word "banter"in my opinion some of the things that are said at times are mind blowing,the sheer abuse,and there simply isnt any other word for it,aimed towards Matty Smith is shocking its shameful.

I absolutly defend the right of people to have the views heard on here,twitter,facebook etcto me its no worse than going to work on a monday and having a good rant about the match,so i do not have an issue with it at all apart from the vile bullcrap that goes on at times.

The ref's are bent/crap/biased in my view theyre not there are good refs and bad ones,as in life,you have to take the swings and roundabouts of the game.

The RFL want team X to win everything,so they'll hobble every other team with said bent refs.etc its a staggering stupid thing to say the level of intellegence needed for a devious plan such as that would take Dr Evil type character to impliment and simply Rl i feel doesnt have a "million dollars" (say it in the dr evil voice)to throw around.

Just a couple of examples i have read and re read over the last few years.

I'm all for having fun at the match,Josie comparing i think it was Luke Gale to a ferret was a highlight this season (she doesnt know me to talk to but i do sit very close by)and its going to the match is that sort of thing the makes the experience,likewise i tend to be quiet side but if things are going well i'll have my say as I do when things are going bad,sometimes again i defend the right to have a go at the players if they're having an off day,its timeless and its your right you've paid your money to complain but have the grace to admit when theyve played well,that seems to have gone nowadays.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, well said, Fozzie, I guess we all want to see better footy played, though.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:People,Wigan fans are just as bad hide behind the word "banter"in my opinion some of the things that are said at times are mind blowing,the sheer abuse,and there simply isnt any other word for it,aimed towards Matty Smith is shocking its shameful.

I absolutly defend the right of people to have the views heard on here,twitter,facebook etcto me its no worse than going to work on a monday and having a good rant about the match,so i do not have an issue with it at all apart from the vile bullcrap that goes on at times.

The ref's are bent/crap/biased in my view theyre not there are good refs and bad ones,as in life,you have to take the swings and roundabouts of the game.

The RFL want team X to win everything,so they'll hobble every other team with said bent refs.etc its a staggering stupid thing to say the level of intellegence needed for a devious plan such as that would take Dr Evil type character to impliment and simply Rl i feel doesnt have a "million dollars" (say it in the dr evil voice)to throw around.

Just a couple of examples i have read and re read over the last few years.

I'm all for having fun at the match,Josie comparing i think it was Luke Gale to a ferret was a highlight this season (she doesnt know me to talk to but i do sit very close by)and its going to the match is that sort of thing the makes the experience,likewise i tend to be quiet side but if things are going well i'll have my say as I do when things are going bad,sometimes again i defend the right to have a go at the players if they're having an off day,its timeless and its your right you've paid your money to complain but have the grace to admit when theyve played well,that seems to have gone nowadays.
Mm! So, you sit close to me?? Well you should say hello if you know who I am :wink: You've got me wondering who you are? ????????

There's a guy sits in front of me who moans the whole game, waving his arms about all he's short of are a couple of hankies!

Then there's the guy who sits next him with his wife I think it is. And I can see his shoulders going up & down tittering quietly to himself at some of the things I say! Sometimes I don't realise I'm saying funny things ????

So come on, tomorrow evening say hello. I like meeting RL people ???? Especially fellow Wigan fans........ well most of them ????

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Some of our own supporters are hardly Angels!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Well said fozzieskem, though I have to say that when I see anybody talking such sense on here (markill, Mike, TBW and others spring to mind), my first thought is "you're wasting your time, mate!"

A thought re the disgruntled, complaining posters: I wonder if living away from Wigan gives you a more positive outlook on the coach, owner players?

Here's how it might work: Living in Sen Tellins or Hull, your only banter about rugby is with opposition fans, putting you in a position of defending Wigan. (I remember this well from late 70s in particular). Living in the town and mixing with other Wigan fans allows you to be more critical of the team/coach/owner etc. This can easily spiral down to complete hopeless pessimism, even when we're 3rd!!

I'm not saying this applies to everyone btw, just something I've noticed with the few posters who identify where they live.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:eusa1: :eusa1: :eusa1: :eusa1: :eusa1: :slee: :slee: :with: