olympics

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: olympics

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Nezza Faz wrote:Maybe some people would like to go back to the Gladiators in the coliseum with swords and spears. And whilst we are at it, bring in the lions. Were they professionals these guys ? All I know is they paid the ultimate price !

We've been on about entertainment on another thread (re us!) so these Olympians are doing just that and thrilling the crowds in Rio, whether it's on the cycling track, in the ring, on the water, or if it's the golf or tennis.

It's entertainment and people want to see the best so I don't know why some can't just enjoy all these events ? And just look at the reactions of these "professionals" during the medal ceremonies, pride and emotions which you don't necessarily see in their every day events.
Spot on!
Some still want to play the Jethro Tull song...... Living in the Past!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

A past which in many ways was better than what you have to put up with in the future as a 'Coffin Dodger'
Wandering Warrior

Whelley, you're on the ropes lad! Better not to throw a punch than use a wet toilet roll! :D
You'll be able to go to Manchester in October when the Olympic Heroes parade with your sky pilot's placard, you know the sort, you and I have seen them at RL matches, and I at football matches in the 60s and 70s. "Woe is Nigh! Stop Professionalism in the Olympics! Let's Get Back To Boring!" :wink:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Some of the disqualification decisions have been close to the mark, some saying with conspiracy.
What's people's thoughts re GB in 4x400 relay.
Wandering Warrior

Good to see the boys and girls will be coming home up North for a day of celebration for a change?! Hope I can fit it in and it's on a Saturday? It will be a great day out in Manchester and some good ale to boot!