For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: For those of you who think Wane can't coach

Post by butt monkey »

Well he got as excited as us fans did at our win BUT jeez did both teams drop some ball.

I commented during the game that we literally went from one scrum to another and another and another and another ad naseum!

I know it had been raining all day prior to kick off and that had to have affected handling however some of the mistakes came from terrible offloading/passes too

Stains were simply terrible. Not one redeeming feature can you say about them. Plenty of ball but poor options and equally bad handling limited them to a nil against their name.

Wigan. Plenty of enthusiasm, Plenty of solid tackling even if we constantly allowed stains to move forward with the ball before meeting them in defense. Good kicking from Smith for territory almost throughout. And, dare I say it, even some flair at one or two moments in the match (although not much so blink and you might have missed it)

How much all this was purely down to Wane is anyone's guess but whatever floats your boat :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:Keep up Josie......go back to Straws post 12hrs earlier ????
The wording doesn't make sense!

"I have and what am I, others meant to be seeing"

If it had said

"I have, and what am I and others meant to be seeing"

Would have made more sense! IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Last nights game was nothing short of a master Class in Coaching by SW and his staff.Backed by an almost FULL TEAMS/squads desire to execute the plan and put a very,very good St Helens to the sword.
We beet Sts up for the first 20mins,while they threw everything at us.Wigans Discipline was nothing short of excellent.Sts wouldn't have scored if they had played another 80mins.Did they miss Walsh.What team wouldn't miss him.Guess what though.I bet Turner and Farge cant walk this morning they got so sick of being hit Hard.Sts attack was snuffed out.I bet Walsh was glad he wasnt out on the DW.Sts forwards had zero effect.LMS,,,,,did he play.
I dont get some comments and attitudes on here.Seems some people are happier when we loose.Only happy when they have something to moan about.Entitled to an opinion though,like anyone.
Credit when its due and see the result for what it was.We SMASHED STs and NILLED them.Offered that as a result at 19,59pm last evening.Most on here would have thought it impossibleor your mad.

BRAVO WIGAN :eusa2:
4G
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

4G it was far from a master class ok we beat a poor Saints side and defended well. The only highlights was Gell's 3 trys other than we mediocre we lost loads of ball and Saints were poor.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

4 Generations wrote:Last nights game was nothing short of a master Class in Coaching by SW and his staff.Backed by an almost FULL TEAMS/squads desire to execute the plan and put a very,very good St Helens to the sword.
We beet Sts up for the first 20mins,while they threw everything at us.Wigans Discipline was nothing short of excellent.Sts wouldn't have scored if they had played another 80mins.Did they miss Walsh.What team wouldn't miss him.Guess what though.I bet Turner and Farge cant walk this morning they got so sick of being hit Hard.Sts attack was snuffed out.I bet Walsh was glad he wasnt out on the DW.Sts forwards had zero effect.LMS,,,,,did he play.
I dont get some comments and attitudes on here.Seems some people are happier when we loose.Only happy when they have something to moan about.Entitled to an opinion though,like anyone.
Credit when its due and see the result for what it was.We SMASHED STs and NILLED them.Offered that as a result at 19,59pm last evening.Most on here would have thought it impossibleor your mad.

4G

For what it is worth I agree with you

Lets hope SL were watching and they give us the trophy NOW.

Cannot see any team beating us and that includes the Australian ones. We are Wigan, We are mighty and we are unbeatable and just about the best team ever to play

I wish they had RL in the Olympics as we surely would have Gold in that also
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Hope all this euphoria over 2 points last night doesn't end in tears?
There'll be a massive shortage of glasses wipes for the rose tinted specs if it does!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

4 Generations wrote:Last nights game was nothing short of a master Class in Coaching by SW and his staff.Backed by an almost FULL TEAMS/squads desire to execute the plan and put a very,very good St Helens to the sword.

4G
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. However, so is the poster whose opinion contradicts yours. People are allowed to have different opinions. The moment you start chastising others for their opinion yours becomes worthless by default.

I personaly expected Wigan to win. I have done in all 3 games v Saints this seasons. Saints squad has little depth and Walsh + Percival were big misses. Ultimately though, it does not matter, only the scoreline in the paper yesterday.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

jaws1 wrote:4G it was far from a master class ok we beat a poor Saints side and defended well. The only highlights was Gell's 3 trys other than we mediocre we lost loads of ball and Saints were poor.
It is a shame you didnt see any other highlights.
4G
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Another problem with some Wigan supporters is that they are never happy when we win, not even a great win win against Saints who had just won seven on the trot.

Its always more about how poor the opposition was and not about how good we were!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote: You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. However, so is the poster whose opinion contradicts yours. People are allowed to have different opinions. The moment you start chastising others for their opinion yours becomes worthless by default.
Kettle calling pot ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan