Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Lockers

Post by medlocke »

I'd like to see another Andy Farrell type of player there
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:I'd like to see another Andy Farrell type of player there
They are a dying breed, in the NRL as much as here.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

If looking for someone to replace Lockers means finding a similar type of player then we will struggle.Bateman and Farrell have been suggested but neither have the same skills as Lockers.They are both top class players but do not his vision.The current trend is the 13 jersey given to another prop and we may have to do that as skilful loose forwards are becoming a dying breed.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

No straw damn us wrote:I think Lockers will have one last season next year. Personally I would use him at prop, where he could be "spelled" and only play about fifty minutes per game. If you're looking at a like for like replacement, then Nick Gregson would be the closest we have at Wigan. I suppose that may also may depend on how he comes back from his ACL injury.
Dont forget how much he is being paid, as much as id like to see him still out there he would be the most expensive spelled prop in the league, and he isn't a prop
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

If we are keeping smith then why not move mickey mac there, tommy in at 9

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:If we are keeping smith then why not move mickey mac there, tommy in at 9
I have said that before and got laughed at, but it good be a good move imo
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:I think Lockers will have one last season next year. Personally I would use him at prop, where he could be "spelled" and only play about fifty minutes per game. If you're looking at a like for like replacement, then Nick Gregson would be the closest we have at Wigan. I suppose that may also may depend on how he comes back from his ACL injury.
Dont forget how much he is being paid, as much as id like to see him still out there he would be the most expensive spelled prop in the league, and he isn't a prop
I think a fair chunk of his salary doesn't count on the cap due to his longevity at the one club. Think Mickey Mac's will soon be the same. Next years his testimonial year.

See we do/can keep some players :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:If we are keeping smith then why not move mickey mac there, tommy in at 9
Because Tommy is a better half back than Smith and MM is a better 9 than Tommy. Based on his form over the last 18 months, why would we create a spot in the team for Matty? Give me the choice and I would take Lockers on one leg rather than Smithy fully fit.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

In terms of what to do with Lockers post retirement, why not make him an attacking coach?
He's possibly someone who SW would actually listen to and allow to take a free reign over our witless attack.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
markill

Post by markill »

Kiwiseddon wrote:In terms of what to do with Lockers post retirement, why not make him an attacking coach?
He's possibly someone who SW would actually listen to and allow to take a free reign over our witless attack.
How do we know that Lockers has enough of his own ideas to be a good attacking coach though?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod