Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Lockers

Post by Wandering Warrior »

markill wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:In terms of what to do with Lockers post retirement, why not make him an attacking coach?
He's possibly someone who SW would actually listen to and allow to take a free reign over our witless attack.
How do we know that Lockers has enough of his own ideas to be a good attacking coach though?
And that Wane would want an attacking coach, as daft as it may seem?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I too have suggested playing MM at 13. I think his skill set might be suited to it. It seems even more of an opportunity with the prospect of Tommy playing 9.

PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Kiwiseddon wrote:In terms of what to do with Lockers post retirement, why not make him an attacking coach?
He's possibly someone who SW would actually listen to and allow to take a free reign over our witless attack.
I was only saying the same at last Fridays match.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

MM at 13, 2 fromFarrell, Bateman and Isa in the second row would give us the smallest back row in Rugby League.Apart from Lockers skill he also gives some size so I dont think Micky is the answer.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

markill wrote:
How do we know that Lockers has enough of his own ideas to be a good attacking coach though?
We don't, it's just an idea.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Lockers has at least another 3 good years left in him so all this talk is premature
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Lockers has at least another 3 good years left in him so all this talk is premature
He'll be 34 in November, so add at least another 3 and that's 37, how many more years are you expecting him to play after that
SJ

Post by SJ »

I would like to see SOL move up to the coaching staff possibly assistant to SW. I don't see him has limited to an offensive roll I think a top class half back co
Coach be brought in to fulfill that roll as we only seem to struggle ,if that's the correct word in the oppositions "red zone"

Sam to captain(I wouldn't want SOL to play on too long
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Much as I love him I think he should retire from England and give himself a big rest. Who knows that time to rest all his injuries might rejuvenate him. Jamie Peacock certainly benefited from International retirement.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

How about Sam Burgess? That would be fun to watch and put some bums on seats.